• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hitch

Pianobone

Registered Member
I saw Hitch last weekend with some friends. I went in thinking, "Great, another chick-flick," but Will Smith really delivers in this one. The interesting point is that it's told from a guy's perspective, instead of the girls. Most romantic comedies focus on the sweet things the guy does, the way he sweeps the girl off her feet, she's swooning over him, blah blah blah... falling asleep...ZZzzzz...

But Hitch, from the male agenda, shows how guys really do struggle with asking women out. First they have to get up the nerve, then they have to get creative and think of things to say, places to go, and finally after all the work of persuing a girl and talking with her, she rejects him. (Which, BTW, is exaclty how it happens in real life. I swear women just reject men to watch their reactions and laugh)

Anyway, go see Hitch- it brings back the romantic lead role for Will Smith, reminding you of the Fresh Prince days.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Ah I see he must be funny in this movie, if it brings back the fresh prince days..

This movie hasn't even come out on Cinemas yet in australia. :eek:hno:

Pianobone

Registered Member
Smith is very funny in Hitch. I actually went to see it with two of my friends, (neither of them girls) just because we heard that it was like the FP days. It's just nice to see Smith in a leading romantic role, rather than the bust-em-up action flicks that have defined his career. Independance Day, Men in Black, I Robot and countless others have become standard for Smith, but Hitch is different. It's a good movie.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Hmm... Hitch, I'll have to look up this movie.

btw, this is a comedy coming across a romantic kind of movie. I HATE romantic movies they are boring. But ne thing with Will Smith will float my boat.