History of GF

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
Ok so I keep hearing stuff about some place called Fusion Central, and stuff about members ignoring eachother because they are from different forums, and mostly I hear about some big merg of forums some time ago.

But I have no idea what you all are talking about because I am relatively new here. So my question is: What is the history of General Forum? How did it come to be?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Fusion-Central merged with General Forum in December of 2007. Fusion Central was roughly 2 years old I believe.

Hybrix bought Fusion Central from our former adminstrator and then proposed to merge the site with his already existing General Forum (I have no idea how long GF had been around) both sides were for the merge and we merged sites.

I guess GF wasnt nearly as active as FC but had some cool features. FC was active but not gaining many new members and lacked features so the merge benefited both sides.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Fusion Central was another genera forum that Hybrix bought last fall. Members were asking for a lot of changes, and Hybrix thought the best way to give people what they were asking for was to merge Fusion Central with General Forum, which he had owned for some time (right?) and which already had most if not all of the features people were asking for.

He made the proposal to the staff, we all liked the idea, then it was presented to the general membership. A few people didn't like the idea so they left after the merge, then there was a bit of squabbling immediately following the merge, but I don't think it's fair to say that certain members ignore other members because they were from the "other" forum.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
GF was originally part of a system of forums that Hybrix owned along with Auction Forums, Extreme forum, IT Forum, Money Forum and Game Forum (or Game Complex)
then he merged all of his other forums to form what we now know as GF. Then a bit later Hybrix acquired FC and merged it with GF to make the GF we all know and love today..

If you look at the tabs on the top right hand side of the main page you can still go to the remnants of the old forums..Most have been turned into subforums now..Hope that helped. Oh yeah I have been with Hybrix since the Auction Forum Days 2004 to now

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I didnt realize the FC merge was still so fresh. I thought it was at least a year or two back. Thanks for the info everyone, it was greatly appreciated. Good thread by the way

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didnt realize the FC merge was still so fresh. I thought it was at least a year or two back. Thanks for the info everyone, it was greatly appreciated. Good thread by the way
It was a little over 6 months ago.

And EX is right. There is a bullet in there "EX Joined" that a lot of people have been leaving out of the timeline. ;)