• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question Historical figures you would like to meet

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Every year we see new people come into the world in a significant way be it in film, technology, sport whatever and whilst I don't always agree with who gets the lime light these people mean something to someone and for that I say good, I might not agree as I say but different strokes for different folks but if you could meet anyone, living or dead and could ask anything you wanted who and what would it be?

For me on my list would be:

Kurt Cobain - I would like to ask him what troubled him and why he felt there was no other way out

Tony Blair - I would ask the real reason he decided Britain should go into Iraq when we did

Steve Jobs & Bill Gates in the same room - To ask them how they really felt about each other and get the really story

Mark Kermode - I have followed him for many years and he has very much shaped how I think about films

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The first person on my list would be Babe Ruth. He's my idol and I would love to sit down enjoying a few beers with him while picking his brain. Just ask him what his strategy was when he stepped to the plate, what did he look for on the first pitch.

Another one on top of my head is James Dean. He seems like one of the coolest person to ever live, just to way he carried himself in movies in real life. I would ask him at what age didn't he wanted to become an actor.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Maria Brink. :D I wanna know if she has tats that almost nobody sees. I also wanna know how she can do awesome scream and still do melodic songs too. And I'd just like to know a lot more about her.

Alexander the Great. He had a short life but his military genius was amazing. I'd like to discuss the strategies he used and why. I'd like to talk to General George Patton and General Douglas MacArthur too but Alexander is at the top of that list.

J K Rowling. Her books are amazing and I'd like to know more about what she was thinking when she wrote them. One of the most brilliant things she did was hiding the fact that she was a girl while she was writing them. She also moved from rags to riches doing it and that's amazing.

Any astronaut that worked aboard the International Space Station more than once. I want to know more about space flight and living in microgravity.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I'd like to meet the following people -

Elvis - By ultimately meeting Elvis, you know you're in for a good time. But seriously, I would like to meet Elvis because he is one of my favorite singers and I'd force him to wrote a song about me. Would love to raid his brain and get everything out of him I could. He was an amazing individual.

Jack the Ripper - I'd prefer to meet him in a controlled environment of course, it's amazing that he has not been identified yet, would love to ask him how he got away with the murders.

Achillies - Just to determine whether he was real and not just a heroic and ALMOST invincible figure portrayed in literature.

MacBeth - Just to smack some sense into him.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I would meet one person, and one person only.

President Lincoln. One of the greatest presidents of all time, and an honorable man at that. It would be great to dissect his brain to get nuggets of wisdom out.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I'd love to meet Shakespeare. I don't think I really need any justification for that. Also, that way I could disprove all the whacked-out conspiracy theories that Anonymous has been feeding.

Other than that... hmm... Sarah Kane. She was incredibly troubled and wrote some beautiful prose. I'd love to see what a conversation with her was like. Also the Bronte sisters. I'd love to just follow them around for a day as a ghost or something actually.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I would meet one person, and one person only.

President Lincoln. One of the greatest presidents of all time, and an honorable man at that. It would be great to dissect his brain to get nuggets of wisdom out.
Abraham Lincoln would definitely be one for me. I'd love to sit and talk to him about what he was going through during the Civil War.

I'd love to sit and talk to George Washington, pick his brain about the Revolutionary War and what his thoughts were when he assumed the presidency of a new nation.

Marcus Aurelius-after reading some parts of Meditations I'd love to talk to him about his thoughts and the Roman Empire.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'd like to meet the first prime minister of Canada. Sir John A McDonald. I'd like to meet him and tell him all about how the government is fucked up. He had a vision for the Canadian government and now its so messed up and all it is now, is a game to most politicians. Not a tool for betterment of the country. I'd like to get his opinions on how to make it better. He was a founder of Canada, and he's the reason we started off so well. We need someone like him to put shit back in order again.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Marilyn Monroe, I've just always admired her and her beauty. If I could just have one conversation with her, to see what she was like, I'd be content. I'd also love to meet jesus. not trying to offend, I think he was a real person, but being an atheist I feel as though his "miracles" were embellished and it would be interesting to see just how much.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
Marilyn Monroe, I've just always admired her and her beauty. If I could just have one conversation with her, to see what she was like, I'd be content. I'd also love to meet jesus. not trying to offend, I think he was a real person, but being an atheist I feel as though his "miracles" were embellished and it would be interesting to see just how much.
Oh man I agree with these as well! I'd also like to know how Marilyn Monroe died and if I could meet her today she might know.