• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hiring retired military members.

Mann1987

Just curious, if you own a business or if you are a manager or just have some input in the matter.

Fake situation:

Let's say you were hiring a new employee for a full-time career(computers, electrical, union, mechanical.. etc) and you had two applicants who were EX military and who had the same education and did the same job in the service, but the ONLy difference is that one served in the Army and one served in the Air Force.. which would you be more inclined to hire?

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm not in any position to hire anyone, but I am in the military.

I see no reason to pick one over another.

Mann1987

I'm not in any position to hire anyone, but I am in the military.

I see no reason to pick one over another.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing more opinions, but you took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't see any reason why one should be chosen over the other, however for some reason I've heard that a lot of business/white collar folks like to hire Air Force vets because of their Tech training. I don't exactly know if that's true but thus the basis for my question.

Thanks again for your input and reply, and thanks for serving!