Hip Hop vs Rap?

gmanlink

Registered Member
What is the difference between hip hop and rap? I mean seriously. I've looked up some reference, but none seem to make any sense.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I think hip-hop is a little more fluid than rap. Over the last few years I've been really getting into some hip-hop acts and just find it to be more fun, energized and smooth than any rap song I've ever heard.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Hip Hop set out with a purpose, with meaning.

Rap is just doped out gangsters talking about booty, bling, and themselves.

lol....
Hip Hop is NOT a music Genre
Hip Hop is a culture with 4 elements combined
its Bboying, Graffiti, Dj, Mc's ( commonly known as rappers )
Rap isn't a different music than hip hop, Rap IS hip hop's music , rap is a part of the thing called hip hop, they're not 2 different things
its a shame though that nowadays people are killing the scene by talking about clubs n hoes n stuff, not the way true rapping used to be.
this was one of the main reasons " The Game " wanted to leave the scene, he said that its so destroyed its not the way things used to be and he did not want to be a part of this thing that is destroying the scene, but then he made a dynamic comeback with his new album staying TRUE to the real essence of what real rapping is about.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
HAHA
well thanks for setting us straight!
All he did was steal from Wikipedia. I know because I just read the article.

Way to go, thief.
------
The Game's "Big Dreams" said:
Big cars, big wheels, big chains
Big pimpin', big money
Big Dreams....dreams, dreams
Big Dreams....dreams, dreams
Big Dreams....dreams...
Yeah, he's certainly returning to the "true" roots of rap, eh? Even white kids will tell you that hip hop was a style born out of oppression. It wasn't some glorification of materialism and sexism like it is today. Rap today is about the B's:

Benjamins
Bitches
Bling
Balls (meaning both sports and testicles)
Blow
Booze

That's all. It's a shallow song style and one that hasn't returned to its roots for a long time.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
------

Yeah, he's certainly returning to the "true" roots of rap, eh? Even white kids will tell you that hip hop was a style born out of oppression. It wasn't some glorification of materialism and sexism like it is today. Rap today is about the B's:

Benjamins
Bitches
Bling
Balls (meaning both sports and testicles)
Blow
Booze

That's all. It's a shallow song style and one that hasn't returned to its roots for a long time.
To elaborate on the Bitches.

Big Bootys
Big Boobs

...but you forgot about the number 1 B for Rappers :(

Bob ;)