• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hip Hop vs Rap: Yes, there is a difference.

kajinpl

Registered Member
Well, hip hop lyrics use to mean something when you listened to them. There are still a few artists out there that still have this in mind, but you really have to weed the real artists out from the many flukes. Honestly, one of the artists I think that actually utilizes lyrical talent is probably Ludacris. He say intelligent things when he wants to, but in order to keep the hustle going he has to make stuff for the clubs. Of course, you still have Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco and other who are considered the minority. Plus, you also have some underground artists who are very talented, but most likely you won't even hear about them unless it's by word of mouth. My favorite underground artist has always been Tech N9ne.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Underground is where it's at. That's how Mos Def & Talib got on, it just sucks because it's so hard to know when something good is out unless you just happen to fall across it somehow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Music 4
Konshentz Music 825
J Music 7
Abkhaz Music 12
I Art & Creative 6