Hilltop Hoods

Discussion in 'Music' started by SenatorB, Apr 9, 2006.

1. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

The Hilltop Hoods are Australian hip-hop. I don't like hip-hop too much usually (there are a few groups I like, but not many), I just find that it sounds like badness, and has no redeeming factors, but this group is GOOD. Good lyrics, good beats, good tunes *gasp! hip-hop with a tune!*, not to mention awesome accents. I definitely suggest checking them out... their song "Nosebleed Section" manages to take a place among my favorate songs, even cross genre, and everyone I've shown it to has felt the same. Has anyone else heard of them/what do you think of them?

2. Blur

Blur iPimp

It sounds annoying to me...i hate australian accents, and the thought of them in rap just isnt appealing.

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I'm sorry to hear that, you're the only person I've ever encountered who's had a negative opinion towards them, they've all ranged from neutrality to enjoying them. You might want to give them a try in any case, but oh well.

4. Blur

Blur iPimp

I just posted a first impression based on what you said about them. I may like them, but I doubt it.

5. lilbballfrk

lilbballfrk Guest

they sound okay. i might give them a listen later on though.

6. There's an Austrailian Rap Group?! That would be a bit interesting for me to hear. I wouldn't mind checking some of their stuff out just to see how it is. I can still imagine how funny it may seem with the accents. lol