Hillary wants taxpayers to pay $1M for a "Woodstock Museum"

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes, Hillary Clinton has come up with yet another mind boggling idea. Why didn't anybody think of this before?

FOXNews.com - Hippie Museum Funding Proposed by Hillary Clinton Shot Down in Senate - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

She wants taxpayers to pay $1M for a Woodstock museum to be built in Woodstock New York...

She wants taxpayers to pay $1M for a Woodstock museum to be built in Woodstock New York...

Maybe if I say it a third time it will make sense... Seriously, why? We have a national debt in the trillions and she wants to spend $1M of taxpayers money on this? I swear she is one of the dumbest politicians of our time. She doesn't understand the concept of thinking through an idea before saying it.

I am still waiting for her to say "Let them eat cake". It seems to be one of the types of things she might think of to say. I wonder if she knows it wouldn't be original..

2. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

She's a Liberal, no offense meant to any of you non-politicians, liberals are good at politics. She tells the people what they want to hear. And in answer to your question that your thinking right now, People can be so dumb.

3. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

There is no way in hell I'm paying more taxes for a hippie museum. Seriously, improve NYC's security or schools rather than build another museum. (if they upped the security budget, maybe the cops wouldn't have to slap people with $75 civil offense tickets for walking between subway cars.)

4. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

That is retarded, we don't need a hippie museum, hippies were major druggies, which is against the law and i don't see why our government would want to honor these hippies.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

So you're not going to respect a movement that favored peace, brought about many social changes and freedoms, and is more than likely responsible for you being alive right now?

Alcohol is a drug. Caffeine is a drug. Advil is a drug. Ingesting any of those makes you a druggie, too. Being a druggie isn't against the law, my friend.

In fact, did you know it's not illegal to be high? It's only illegal to be in possession of what makes you high.

Seriously, man, open your mind up a little bit. The entire generation is responsible for the last two generations, and responsible for the leniency and freedoms we have to say and do what we want and feel. I don't care if you don't agree with what they did, I understand your feelings there, but don't put down an entire generation for it.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

But who says a page on Wiki wouldn't do it justice? I'm just saying there are a lot of better things to spend money on than a Woodstock museum...

7. Doc

Oh, sorry, I wasn't supporting the Woodstock idea, just hippies.

Let the damn hippies pay for their own museum, just like everyone else.

8. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

Yes, this movement is responsible for me being alive now. Keep in mind that it is also responsible for the loss of over 40 million innocent children.

9. Doc

The hippies killed 40 million innocent people? Please, go on.

10. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I think Nixon put in most of the Supreme Court Justices that voted on RvW. I'd consider Nixon a quasi-Conservative. But, I don't think the blame can rest solely on Nixon either. Abortion would never have been legalized had not certain sectors of the culture wanted it. I've never really studied how RvW came about, but I understand that the case was brought up and decided on in a way that the public had little information about till after the decision.

You've got to consider RvW with Hilary Clinton and this election. Bush has done 3 things really well: appointed good judges, cut taxes and protected us from another terrorist strike. We are in a position where 1 more good judge and the abortion laws will be turned back over to the States; which for or against, I think most people would agree it is the State's that should decided for themselves and not the Federal Government.