• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hillary used personal email account for government business

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/u...il-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=0

Seriously, I can't think of a bigger joke of an administration in our history. U.S. Grants was pretty bad, but most of that was because he trusted the wrong people and he was a soldier, not a politician. These people SHOULD have known. Her and her boss, both lawyers, and they are ignore the law or simply just don't care.

Here's the problem:

Under federal law, however, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. There are exceptions to the law for certain classified and sensitive materials.
BY LAW these documents are to be preserved, they are OUR property. Secondly, this leaves emails out there that may not be protected by hackers as diligently as if she was using her government account.

There is also this:

Hillary Clinton's email server traced to Internet service registered to NY home | Fox News

Operating her own server would have afforded Clinton additional legal opportunities to block government or private subpoenas in criminal, administrative or civil cases because her lawyers could object in court before being forced to turn over any emails. And since the Secret Service was guarding Clinton's home, an email server there would have been well protected from theft or a physical hacking.
But homebrew email servers are generally not as reliable, secure from hackers or protected from fires or floods as those in commercial data centers. Those professional facilities provide monitoring for viruses or hacking attempts, regulated temperatures, off-site backups, generators in case of power outages, fire-suppression systems and redundant communications lines.
It's unfathomable to me why this idiot is the frontrunner for the nominee of the Democratic party. This whole idea that rules don't apply to her is ridiculous.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Because of stuff like this my worst nightmare is going to be Hillary vs Jeb. I hope someone comes up with a decent candidate or I may sit this election out which will be a first for me.

I've not even heard of the democrats even talking about someone besides Hillary. If they think women will vote for her just because she is a woman they had better think again.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Because of stuff like this my worst nightmare is going to be Hillary vs Jeb. I hope someone comes up with a decent candidate or I may sit this election out which will be a first for me.

I've not even heard of the democrats even talking about someone besides Hillary. If they think women will vote for her just because she is a woman they had better think again.
I've heard a few other names thrown around but all liberal hacks in my opinion, such as Warren. I'll pretty much never vote democrat in my life unless something drastically changes considering I am far to the right of the republicans (repukelicans).

I question everyday if anyone good will ever be in the presidency again. The dumocraps have games the system with free handouts and the immigration issue. I also question whether the republicans will ever give us another good candidate or if it will just be more democrat lites. Even Mitt Romney understood this, he was telling the truth when he made his 47% comment. Granted he is also a democrat lite.

To the point though. I agree this administration is probably one of the most corrupt and lawless in our history. And people don't really seem to care, which is what pisses me off. Seems most of the repukelicans are always whining about the democrats getting their way but always give up. And the dumocraps always seem to be focusing on pretty much free government handouts, some type of racism accusation like the whole immigration issue, or some sex related topic.

But no one seems to care much for the actual rule of law anymore or the legal constitutional processes on which this country was built. Just their own free government handouts or their own pet projects/issues.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard a few other names thrown around but all liberal hacks in my opinion, such as Warren. I'll pretty much never vote democrat in my life unless something drastically changes considering I am far to the right of the republicans (repukelicans).

I question everyday if anyone good will ever be in the presidency again. The dumocraps have games the system with free handouts and the immigration issue. I also question whether the republicans will ever give us another good candidate or if it will just be more democrat lites. Even Mitt Romney understood this, he was telling the truth when he made his 47% comment. Granted he is also a democrat lite.

To the point though. I agree this administration is probably one of the most corrupt and lawless in our history. And people don't really seem to care, which is what pisses me off. Seems most of the repukelicans are always whining about the democrats getting their way but always give up. And the dumocraps always seem to be focusing on pretty much free government handouts, some type of racism accusation like the whole immigration issue, or some sex related topic.

But no one seems to care much for the actual rule of law anymore or the legal constitutional processes on which this country was built. Just their own free government handouts or their own pet projects/issues.
I don't know I think its a neck in neck race with the last administration who is the most corrupt.

Yes the democrats do seem to be talking about the same sex issue a lot and the republicans can't seem to get off the 'its against my religion' and try to block any equal rights on marriage for gays at every turn. Wish they would get off this crap and get to the real issues that are hurting this country like birth tourism and illegal immigration. I doubt either does a thing.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't know I think its a neck in neck race with the last administration who is the most corrupt.
Don't forget Nixon and Reagan. I do wonder how administrations of the past would look today in the age of 24 hour news coverage. Do we really know for sure that Abe was honest? Or is that just what the history books tell us?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't forget Nixon and Reagan. I do wonder how administrations of the past would look today in the age of 24 hour news coverage. Do we really know for sure that Abe was honest? Or is that just what the history books tell us?
Oh god, Nixon and Reagan, what jokes, don't think we've had a decent president since the founding fathers. Don't know if we ever will again.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

OPERATION NORTHWOODS: US PLANNED FAKE TERROR ATTACKS ON CITIZENS TO CREATE SUPPORT FOR CUBAN WAR
I don't know if you know anything about this Operation Northwoods but it may have started with Eisenhower a republican and Kennedy wouldn't authorize it. Scary they were even thinking about this. Just shows you what they are willing to do to get what they want. Kind of like the Iraq war. So did a plane really hit the pentagon?

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I posted about Operation Northwoods a while back actually. We were perhaps a President's signature away from the government carrying out false flag terrorist attacks on American soil to build support for a war.

And people think it's inconceivable that the Bush administration may have had something to do with or known about 9/11, which helped build support for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, for the Patriot Act, etc. Please.

Operation Northwoods just so happened to eventually be declassified. Think of all the stuff that remains classified forever. Our government is corrupt and has been for a long time. And they have us right where they want us - pointing our fingers at each other and that other party.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a feeling Operation Northwoods is just the tip of the iceberg. Really have to wonder about 9/11. If we knew the truth we would probably be scared to death of what's going to happen next. People had better get off the notion one side is better than the other. They both stink and have skeletons in their closets.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think this is a good point. In today's world, especially given the internet, we would know a lot more about many of our past administrations. In my opinion this administration is the worst in our history, but I will concede many others would come close in today's world.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems the use of private email accounts has been a problem for a while. I think congress needs to act on this if they don't want it to happen in the future.

Bush White House email controversy

Last edited: