• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hillary to stop using phrase "illegal immigrants"

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ase-illegal-immigrant-a-poor-choice-of-words/

Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton on Tuesday vowed to refrain from using the phrase “illegal immigrant” for the duration of her 2016 campaign, citing the phrase as a “poor choice of words.”

During a Noticias Telemundo Facebook question-and-answer session, the former secretary of state was asked by immigration activist Jose Antonio Vargas if she would commit to his “#wordsmatter” pledge.

“On behalf of the organization I founded, Define American, and the 11.7 million undocumented immigrants in this country — including myself — I am asking all the presidential candidates to recognize that #wordsmatter by committing to not using the term ‘illegal’ when referencing the undocumented population,” Vargas wrote on Facebook.

“Yes, I will,” Clinton began. “That was a poor choice of words. As I’ve said throughout this campaign, the people at the heart of this issue are children, parents, families, DREAMers. They have names, and hopes and dreams that deserve to be respected.”
So apparently it's now offensive to call illegal immigrants "illegal immigrants" despite the fact that they immigrated illegally.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This PC crap is getting out of hand. Call them what they are, illegal immigrants, if the truth hurts tough, immigrate the legal way. Pandering to them is a kick in the teeth to anyone that comes here legally spending thousands of dollars doing so.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Exactly, this PC crap really is getting out of hand. I've also heard people wanting to get rid of illegal alien. Everyone is so incredibly sensitive these days, it's pathetic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I have no issue with the term 'illegal immigrants' being used cause that's what they are. I don't care what country they come from, if they are in another country illegally, whether it's the US, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, England. It doesn't matter cause they're in the country illegallyand should be dealt with accordingly.

By that I mean find them and send them back to their own country. I'm really ashamed how the US doesn't treat this issue more seriously. Illegal immigrants need to be kicked out.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The average person in the US commits three felonies a day, so maybe we could just call everyone Illegal Americans.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842
You can't be an illegal American, that's like characterizing something as dry water. Either you're an American, and thus here legally, or your status here is another legal status or you are here illegally. Nevertheless, people that commit crimes here are called criminals, and thus already have a status. Alien is a legal term regarding status, ie resident alien. Illegal alien obviously refers to that legal term, alien, being in the US, illegally.

I really have no idea what relevance this has to this discussion.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm on my phone and can't link but I encourage people tosearch the phrase "I am as you know adamantly against illegal immigration"
I'm not talking about just her choice of words, it's embarrassing how much she's prostituted herself and how illinformed her supporters are.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You can't be an illegal American, that's like characterizing something as dry water. Either you're an American, and thus here legally, or your status here is another legal status or you are here illegally. Nevertheless, people that commit crimes here are called criminals, and thus already have a status. Alien is a legal term regarding status, ie resident alien. Illegal alien obviously refers to that legal term, alien, being in the US, illegally.

I really have no idea what relevance this has to this discussion.
I did go off-topic. My apologies for that. I just don’t understand why some people get bent out of shape over someone coming to the US trying to better their situation. Almost everyone breaks laws in some way, whether it's downloading movies or music for free or fudging taxes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I did go off-topic. My apologies for that. I just don’t understand why some people get bent out of shape over someone coming to the US trying to better their situation.
I am all for someone coming to the US to better themselves but legally. We allow a million legal immigrants a year.

Almost everyone breaks laws in some way, whether it's downloading movies or music for free or fudging taxes.
Are you saying just because we have criminals anyway whats a few more and we should just ignore anyone trying to enter our country illegally. Is that what Canada does?

Rapier

V.I.P.
Did I just awaken from a bad dream? Wasn't Her Graceless's solution for MEs in genereal "I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said April 22 in an interview with ABC. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

Maybe she should recuse herself for being a subhuman bloodthirsty warmongering bloodthirsty fucking bitch.

And people here are jabbering about her saying/
using phrase "illegal immigrants"! Go figure.