Highschool basketball

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
I was wondering if anybody on this forum besides me plays or has played highschool basketball. If so what position(s) do/did you play?

I play center and power forward for my highschool.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I played it briefly but not competitively. It was one of the required stuff we had to do for our sports course. The guys didn't want to play with the girls. The girls didn't want to look stupid for the guys....but yes, we had no choice but make a spectacle of ourselves. We didn't even have "positions", we all just went for the ball. :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I forgot to mention that not only we all went for the ball, without strategy or positions, we were also screaming like the way people scream when they see their movie idol. It was hilarious. :rollin:

Was your team any good? Did you win games?

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
i play freshman, Jv, and varsity. our varsity team sucked last year, but i think it will improve greatly this year. our freshman team is very talented, but we still have some work to do. its summer right now so we are just weight training and practicing.

C_mac

Registered Member
I played all four of my highschool basketball year. 3 years on varsity, 1 on JV. Starting Point guard :cool:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was a very good Basketball player in High School, I won many awards. I played Point Guard.

Here's a list of accomplishments through out my high school basketball years.

-Named Best Point Guard of the City twice
-Named season MVP 3 times
-Won 4 Golds in Basketball Tournaments
-Our team won the season Championship twice
-Named Tournament MVP twice

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I was a very good Basketball player in High School, I won many awards. I played Point Guard.

Here's a list of accomplishments through out my high school basketball years.

-Named Best Point Guard of the City twice
-Named season MVP 3 times
-Won 4 Golds in Basketball Tournaments
-Our team won the season Championship twice
-Named Tournament MVP twice
you truly are a sports junkie.

I play a nice game of horse :shifteyes:, but other than that...

My body isn't exactly built for physical sports.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm to short to be a small forward, I'm only 5"6 so that's why I played the point guard position.

Yeah Oxy I really am, I miss those days, after graduating High School I didn't play as much, which really made me sad. I wish I could of but I just didn't have the time do it.

The best honour I got from High School basketball was getting my number retired, three other people got there number retired so it was a real joy for me.