Highest Rated Raw Episode and Match in WWE history

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Shooting_Palanx, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm pretty sure the Mick Foley/The Rock segment, "this is your life" was the highest rating in history.

But who's counting lol.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I remember watching that match actually. Not the best match I've ever seen but it was very entertaining.

We won't see that type of match again in a real long time, which is a shame because back then we use to see matches of those types all the time.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think this is part of the reason the WWE has lost its appeal. We used to get spoiled with these amazing PPV-quality matches all the time but now we get shit for matches and PPVs are sub-par. I wish we had more high level fueds like this rather than simple one on ones.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's funny you say that Cons because I made a thread a while back asking if you guys thought we were spoiled back then and that's the reason why our expectations are so high today.

I think that's one of the biggest factor why the WWE isn't as exciting as it once was. Because of of the great matches we had in the past.

I also agree that we need new feuds, which is why I like the Orton/Kingston feud so much because it's fresh.

6. Shooting_Palanx

The Welcome to my life was "one of" the highest rated raw episodes, but this one is the highest I'm sure of it.

I have this match on tape lol....back in 99, I was only 9 years old rofl!

These matches were just so awesome, I think it's really the appealing nature of the wrestlers. The only really appealing TOP wrestler at the moment is Cena, and even he's starting to get stale.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I did a little bit more research and found this...

However, the highest rated SEGMENT in WWE RAW history was the Mankind/Rock, this is your life segment, with an 8.4 rating. So yeah, we were both right I suppose haha.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Ohhh...sorry if I got the segment and what not wrong...

But man that match was awesome, definitely loved it when Austin gave Shane 2 stone cold stunners.....

The crowd just went nuts!

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i watched the most during this time frame...

definitely brings back some awesome memories...