• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss High-Speed Horizontal Tango

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Do you believe having sex sooner in a relationship 'ruins' it? Why? How? Why do you wait?

To me, it's all variable. Some relationships will be hurt by it, others will not. I think it has to do with how much pressure the person is putting on sex and how much meaning they're applying. If you've been seeing someone for a week or two and you both have some clear sexual tension and things get a little hot and heavy, there is no logic that says that the future of the relationship is somehow in jeopardy. Unless they both make it that way.

By the way, how great is that title? G-rated so the kids don't know!

Wade8813

Registered Member
Do you believe having sex sooner in a relationship 'ruins' it? Why? How? Why do you wait?

To me, it's all variable. Some relationships will be hurt by it, others will not. I think it has to do with how much pressure the person is putting on sex and how much meaning they're applying. If you've been seeing someone for a week or two and you both have some clear sexual tension and things get a little hot and heavy, there is no logic that says that the future of the relationship is somehow in jeopardy. Unless they both make it that way.

By the way, how great is that title? G-rated so the kids don't know!
There's almost no such thing as a universal when dealing with human behavior and emotions. But I do believe that most relationships will be hurt by it, and very few would be helped by it.

If anyone's being pressured, it matters. If one person sees it as an indicator of a committed relationship and the other doesn't, it matters. If the relationship ends for other reasons, it probably matters. If any number of other factors enter into it, it might matter.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be more likely to be hurt by it but I doubt this would apply to everyone. If you have known each other for a long time then you already know that person so sleeping with them after a short time might be fine. If you just started seeing someone when you didn't know them previously you could find out something about them that you don't like. If you started sleeping with them already it could make it harder to end the relationship or possibly even leave you feeling used.