High scoring or defensive game?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't post in this section very often, but I want this section to be a bit more active so I decided to start this new thread.

When you watch a FOOTball/Soccer game would you rather watch a defensive game, final score being a draw 0-0 or 1-1, or you rather see a game that as a total of five to eight goals?

Thoughts and explanations?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually like to see some goals scored, as long as it's not ridiculous like 5-3. I'd rather see quality goals created by offense as opposed to poor defending. It really depends on the game though. I've seen some really exciting 0-0 games and some really boring games with a lot of goals.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I don't think I've ever seen a boring game with lots of goals.

I defenitely prefere to enjoy a high scoring game with some quality goals. I've never minded seeing a 5-3 or a 4-4 as long as the goals are of a decent standard.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love games that go 2-1 or 2-2, this is soccer I am talking about. But if a game ends up 6-0, that's just a bit boring for me.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
As someone who has never even posted in this section let alone sit through an entire soccer game, I can say that the reason why I don't watch is because so many games seem to be low-scoring and to me, it's boring. I'm not looking for a slugfest but the sheer length of the games and the likelihood for there to be no more than three goals a game prevents me from enjoying it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think I've ever seen a boring game with lots of goals.

I defenitely prefere to enjoy a high scoring game with some quality goals. I've never minded seeing a 5-3 or a 4-4 as long as the goals are of a decent standard.
Well most of the high scoring games are one-sided, like seeing Germany play San Marino in World Cup Qualifying. If there's a 5-3 or 4-4 game, it's usually very poorly played from a defensive standpoint. One of the things I really love about football is that every goal is so huge that they're always worth waiting for. On the opposite end of the spectrum, scoring is so frequent in basketball that you don't really even care when your team scores.