• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

High School kids banned from Graduation...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Students banned from high school graduation because of lightsaber battle - io9

Two kids stage a choreographed fake lightsaber fight during lunch, get two-day suspensions and told they cannot walk with their graduating class.

Do you believe this punishment is a bit harsh for a silly choreographed fake lightsaber fight or the Principal made the right decision?

Thoughts?

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
They should probably have been given high-fives instead. Granted, I don't know the whole story behind this. Maybe they were specifically instructed to knock off the choreographed lightsaber duels during lunch or something, because the awesomeness of them is distracting from the important task of eating lunch.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Stories like this always make me see it from two sides. On the one hand I think the principle is being overly harsh and trying to trample over the fun that the students wanted to have and to entertain their fellow class mates but on the other hand I think the students involved should have thought this through and spoken to the principle before doing this, I may sound like a kill joy but people have to learn that in this day and age where people are as paranoid as they are things are lot more seriously looked into.