• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

High Achiever or Just getting by?

Which are you?

• High Achiever

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Casually Gets by with a Pass

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • A bit of both

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Are you the type, whether in school or University/College to always want to get the best marks, or the highest marks possible, or the type to just casually get by with a pass? What was your motivation for getting the highest marks? Was it because it was just within you to do so, perhaps your future career relied on a higher GPA?

Me, personally? I'm just happy with a PASS. Like the old saying goes "P's get the degrees" lol

What about you guys? :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was a little of both for me, some things I did well in but there are some I barely made it. Biology was horrible for me but accounting was great, a lot of the others fell somewhere in between, but I got the degree.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've always been happy with just getting a pass and making it through school. There were some certain subjects I liked and tried to get higher marks in, but mostly for me it was just about passing.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm certainly not a high achiever, but at the same time I don't even come close to being like some of my classmates.

I'd rank myself as a bit of both. I'm never really worried about passing (well, not usually) and I do overachieve from time to time.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
In school and college, I never busted myself to be the top achiever. I was happy to get a pass or whatever grade I needed to continue my studies.

In my work environment today, I am definitely the top achiever, and I am very competitive and plan on keeping it that way. It means a good increase and top bonus come August. I've been getting top sales every month since we started measuring, and probably before that too. I work hard for it, but honestly, I have a lot of things that keep my attention away from work while there, and I still always smash the target. :lol:

Elanor

Registered Member
At school I was happy just to get a pass in most subjects. In Science and History I aimed to achieve good grades as I enjoyed the subjects, and I did alright for my final grades when I left school.

I think the best way to describe me, is that I aim to achieve high, but end up just doing enough to get by. In my career I could of easily reach Management level if I wanted to, but I am happy being a minion, it's much more fun!

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
At school I was happy just to get a pass in most subjects. In Science and History I aimed to achieve good grades as I enjoyed the subjects, and I did alright for my final grades when I left school.

I think the best way to describe me, is that I aim to achieve high, but end up just doing enough to get by. In my career I could of easily reach Management level if I wanted to, but I am happy being a minion, it's much more fun!
This definitely adds more to how I was/am in regards to my education. Always trying, but just never really getting there, which has made me quite content with just a pass :) And I can totally relate to the last part also. I've been working at a large supermarket chain, but never took the initiative to move up or get myself to a managerial position within the store, because as you said "Being a minion is much more fun" :D