Higgins to miss time with injured ankle

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

MONTREAL (AP) -- Canadiens left winger Chris Higgins will miss at least one game with an injured left ankle, the team said Monday.

Higgins, who has eight goals and five assists in 13 games, is scheduled to see a doctor Tuesday to determine how long he'll be out. He won't play Tuesday night against the Edmonton Oilers.

Higgins suffered the injury in the third period of a 2-1 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night, but stayed in the game.

Alex Kovalev briefly left the game against New Jersey after injuring his right knee. He is expected to play against Edmonton.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_y...F?slug=ap-canadiens-higgins&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Well with 13 points in 13 games, this is a pretty good season for him. But for only 1 game it should not hurt the Canadians much.

3. Babe_Ruth

He's out more then one game, he's out for six weeks, and maybe he'll be out for longer. But they put Latendresse on the first line to replace Higgins, and yesterday he didn't disapoint, he scored is first national hockey goal. Higgins is arguably the best player on the team, and he'll surely be missed. Hopefully he'll heal faster then later.

4. Angie

Angie Guest

This is really going to hurt. Hopefully samsonov will get off the hide and start to help out. If worst comes to worst Gainey can sacrifice a goalie for some help later on. Have 2 goalies at the same level, with price & co coming up, is a valuable trading commodity

5. Babe_Ruth

I don't think Gainey will trade one of his goalies because having them both is working right now so he won't mess with success. We have young players in Hamilton like Andrei Kostisyn that can fill up the Higgins spot for now if no one on the team who can fill his spot.