Hiccuping forever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Sep 23, 2010.

1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

This subject is derived from my Grandfather, who after consuming ale (he drinks mild) will sneeze constantly. His record is 33 sneezes or something like that, spanning half an hour.
    I usually end up hiccuping, which is extremely annoying. I've had half-hours worth of that before.

Anyway. If you were hiccuping none-stop, how long do you think it would take before you became seriously affected by it. And How?

Please discuss the same, in regards to sneezing. If you were sneezing none-stop how long would it take for that to affect you seriously. And How?

Do you think you could tolerate this for a long time? Which would be worse?

Thanks.

For me:
    *I was getting pretty irritated after half an hour of hiccups. I think another half-hour and I'd have been very worried. Another hour and I'd have been pulling my hair out. I hate doctors but three hours of this and I'd have been paying the scary bastard a visit.
    *As for sneezing, I think I could tolerate that for longer. But it would still drive me nuts eventually.

You?

2. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

Good question!
    In my humble opinion tho, I think sneezing would be worse......you are splashing germs around, whereas with hiccups, they are simply...inside you~
    I would be bothered by both if they continued for hours.......they say some people hiccup for weeks or months, and learn to live with it, I don't see how ~LoL~
    After a day or two of either, I would be seeking help :)

3. lefoto

lefoto Registered Member

I have a case of permanent hiccups. I get one every few hours or so. They don't really bother me but people often ask me... what was that:confused:?

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I would die if I was hiccuping for rest of my life because I have ambitions of being a lawyer.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

After 24 hours I'd think about leaping off a tall building. I hate hiccups. If it lasted years, woooo, I'd probably go batshit crazy and be locked up.

6. PhoenixOverdrive

PhoenixOverdrive Registered Member

I actually sneeze when I get in the sun. Just a couple of times. It's called the photic sneeze reflex. I also get hiccups when I eat anything spicy, even if it's way below my tolerance bar, or don't even notice. Heh, crazy genes. I don't know how long I could tolerate sneezing or coughing if it went on and on and on, but it would definitely fall into the category of "not long at all". Plus after a few hours I'd be hitting every medicinal/holistic/homeopathic/acupunctural/dental/physio/etc clinic I could find. I'd try everything up to and including swallowing worms while hung upside down by my ankles while a voodoo priest chants while decapitating a pig. I'd stick with the idea that 'something has to work'. It's my only salvation at that point. P.S.: Sorry if the post is clumped in a mess. It won't stay neatly organized, and I'll try to fix that later.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  7. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

Eww-ish, I think I'd just rather put up with the hiccups!