• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hi, I'm new here

SegaGuy-HPA-Italy

Registered Member
Greg,
i'm from Chicago,too! welcome! I'm on the far south side and attend St.Rita! Sound familiar?

Arathald

Registered Member
Hi Greg, welcome to GF.

What does your username mean? Please stick around and post more, you seem pretty cool.
My username doesn't mean anything as far as I know. I don't even know how I came up with it. One day I just typed it into a registration form somewhere without even thinking about it, like I had already been using it for a long time. It *is* slightly similar to others I've used in the past, though. I *do* happen to know that it's a unique name, as far as I know I didn't unconsciously steal it from everywhere, because every reference I've ever seen to 'Arathald' refers to me.

Greg,
i'm from Chicago,too! welcome! I'm on the far south side and attend St.Rita! Sound familiar?
Sorry, no. I'm not from Chicago proper, but rather from the (north)west suburbs (little bit north of Wheaton, if you're familiar). As I mentioned though, I'm moving to Seattle, and so I only nominally live in Chicago now (my stuff is stored in my parents' house while I'm in Japan, and the move happens the week after I get back).

Bliss

Sally Twit
Welcome aboard, Greg. Thanks for the nice introduction. Not read one of those in a long while.

I hope to see you posting more so we can get to know you. I like what I've seen so far.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
All about me:
My username is Arathald (duh).

I'm from Chicago, Illinois, USA, but currently living in Japan (Nonoichi, near Kanazawa, in Ishikawa prefecture), and will be there for about another months or so. After that, I'll be moving to Seattle, where I'll be working for Microsoft.

The reason I'm currently in Japan is to study the Japanese language, which I speak (barely) conversationally, but being in Japan is making it much better. I also am semi-fluent in Spanish (in fact, I'm technically a native speaker of both English and Spanish).

My real first name is Greg, feel free to call me that. My Japanese name is 和守 (kazumori), given to me because it has the same meaning as my given name, Gregory (it means, roughly, defender of peace, or friendly guardian); feel free to call me that as well.

I just graduated from a very good technical college with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and, as I said, I'll be going to work for Microsoft in Seattle, who I interned for last year and absolutely loved it.

Among other things, I love to read books (my favorite being The Man Who was Thursday by GK Chesterton), watch movies (my favorite being Stranger than Fiction (2006)), and sing (karaoke, in front of people, to myself, whatever). I also dabble in writing, and of course, enjoy programming quite a bit. I used to be a very avid runner and cyclist, and am planning on taking both back up now that I'll actually have time, not having college to worry about anymore for a while.

Lastly, I'm gay -- I don't hide that fact, and even though I don't consider it to define me, it definitely shows in my personality and interests at times, and I find interactions with people a lot smoother and natural if I put that out on the table right away.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, just ask me. Also sorry for this post being rather scatter-brained and kind of out of order, it's 2AM here and my brain has shut down for the night.

Greg
和守
I thought this intro was great, until I tried to google out what your username meant and found--DUN DUN DUNNN!--the same post on another forum site. Now, Greg, I'm just hurt. Would you send one love letter to two different guys? My guess is that you wouldn't. How can you do this to us, after everything we could potentially go through together? :cry:

Arathald

Registered Member
I thought this intro was great, until I tried to google out what your username meant and found--DUN DUN DUNNN!--the same post on another forum site. Now, Greg, I'm just hurt. Would you send one love letter to two different guys? My guess is that you wouldn't. How can you do this to us, after everything we could potentially go through together? :cry:
I joined two forums at once to see which one I wanted to frequent. Not knowing the differences between the forums at the time, and it being 2 in the morning, I reused the same post. Keep in mind this post is about *me*, and therefore is not comparable to a love letter to someone :D

Rest assured, this forum is winning by far in my mind, although having to have all my posts moderated right now is a bit of a pain :-/

Arathald

Registered Member
I'm still being moderated; I've replied to some of you, the posts are in queue. Please be patient :)

edit: they're posted now.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I fixed your moderated post, it shouldn't happen anymore. There's a thread that is stickied in this forum explaining why some post get moderated for new members.

PS: You should get yourself an avatar.

Last edited:

Arathald

Registered Member
I fixed your moderated post, it should happen anymore. There's a thread that is stickied in this forum explaining why some post get moderated for new members. It's stickied and not hard to find.

PS: You should get yourself an avatar.
Thanks! Yeah, I realized pretty quickly that newbie's posts were moderated, but I also noticed that short messages went through without a problem, so I posted the short message while waiting for moderation :D

I'm working on getting an avatar, but that's always the hardest thing for me to choose/make. Of course, I'm open to suggestions (I don't have any good pictures of me atm, and I don't usually like to use my own picture anyways).

Arathald

Registered Member
I really love your signature, btw. What did you use to make it?
Thanks! :)

I don't have access to Photoshop right now, so I used pxlr.com (I googled for something that would do). It wasnt terribly hard, just grabbed one of my favorite photos (that I've taken myself), applied a few effects to it, then put a bunch of text on it with certain layer blending options, and positioned it in places I thought looked good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bubbles Bathroom Wall 2
E Introductions 4
D Introductions 5
0 Introductions 4
Sp0ilsport Introductions 8