• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hi I'm Ddave

RarePD

Registered Member
Haha what up dDave, a lot of those guides you talk about I worked on. Assuming you were reading them off RareShooters.com :lol:

And of course credit goes to stargun007 and Black Deatha for some work. But if you ever go to the site and click on editorials, look whose name is on most of those .... :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
I did notice a lot of Anthony Eaton stuff, is that you?

Yes I actually was using Rareshooters.com I didn't even know about anything else at the time

There were some games like Donkey Kong 64 that I refused to look up guides for, I wanted the feeling of beating the game without any help, I got every banana and Golden Banana for every character in just 14 hours of file time.

Of course I don't think that Rareshooters will be going back up from what it looks like.

RarePD

Registered Member
Yezzird. :)

Wow, Donkey Kong 64? I didn't really get deep into that game, they (Rare) should of made a 2-D Donkey Kong Country 64 game on the N64 using an insane amount of ACM. DK64 played too much like Banjo-Kazooie, not to mention we also had a sequel to that game, Tooie. Look at how fun Paper Mario was, 2-D doesn't limit innovations in gameplay, but it is a trend in the industry that is slowly going away.

I still believe Jet Force Gemini is the most underrated N64 game out there. That game was insanely difficult, and I hated how the Floyd missions forced the player to get gold medals in those missions just to advance. I swear I'm NEVER going to do that in a game ever again. LOL But the good aspects in JFG outweigh that gripe. One of the best soundtracks ever heard in a game, composed better than GoldenEye IMO. And who could forget the "Big Bug Fun Club" :)

Would love to see a sequel, but the way Rare's been programming their titles lately, I'd rather wait for Shenmue 3...

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah Jet Force Gemini was a great game, After beating it once I put the game on Professional controls because I wanted a new challenge, for me the most annoying part was rescuing all of the tribals (bears) just to get the stupid stabilizer that they didn't use to their advantage because they crashed the ship anyway, Mizar (Fighting as Juno) was a very hard boss, probably one of the hardest I have ever played, I remember how annoying those stupid ship movies got when you had to go back and forth in levels, I never cheated in this game but when I was finished I really wished that I had because it would have taken me about half the time.

The ending movie for this game was retarded... (You know it's true)

I loved Donkey Kong 64, It still remains my favorite game (tied with Perfect Dark of course) of all time, I beat the whole game in 14 hours getting everything possible including every banana in the game that's including, golden, yellow, red, blue, purple, and green.

I remember how good I still am at the Donkey Kong arcade game because I had to play it so many times to get the Nintendo coin but now is't really easy.

Last edited: