• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hi I'm Ddave

dDave

V.I.P.
Does anybody have a good guess about how I got my name?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I know exactly where it came from.

Perfect Dark. Did you know we started out as RareShooters.com, a site dedicated to Rareware and, specifically, it's FPS games? I came from a site called PDC, which is still (kinda) around today.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yes I actually did know that (I also remember gamecomplex.com), I remember back in the days of rarextreme.com and rareshooters.com I could have easily written many of those game guides, but back then I wasn't nearly old enough to get an account. because I am only 14 right now, I actually wish that Rareshooters.com would start up again. I have never heard of PCD, but I am very familiar with the NURV forums network. I just recently got an account though, I am not going to be one of those people that just stops someday though I will definitely be around as long as the NURV forums network lasts. I think that it will last. Sorry that I stole some of your arcade high scores.

Doc

V.I.P.
It's okay, you only got disc dash, and I can take that one to 250-300,000+ on a good day.

As for PDC, that's Perfect Dark Central - Perfect Dark Central, but the forum redirects here now (the orignal forum is near-death and not much of a sight anymore).

I actually wish that Rareshooters.com would start up again.
GameForum is actually RareShooters 4.0 (or is it 3.0, I can't remember). But anyway, it went RareShooters --> GameComplex --> GameForum --> NURV.

dDave

V.I.P.
Oh! Now I feel stupid, I knew about Perfect Dark Central I have just never heard of it as being called PDC, I do see why you left, rareshooters was a good site back in the day, so was gamecomplex, and gameforum, the NURV forums network has an obvious future so I decided that this was going to be the only forum that I would join to resist the temptation of slowling drifting toward other sites that obviously aren't as good, Luckily now I know that I have made the right choice, I am not planning on ever leaving I dont think that I ever could do another forum just after this short 10 days of membership and recent premuim membership. I actually wish that Rareshooters would start up again too, I always went there for some of those little things that I got stuck on never any where else.

NURV Forever

Doc

V.I.P.
...can you read?

This IS RareShooters.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, this isn't really rareshooters. It's about 5 years of new posts and non rare themed content. It's as close as anything will be to being RS again though. I'm not going to revive that site. Plus I have no time or interest to bring it back. As for PDC, perhaps one day it will die 100%. It's like a bad penny. ;)

Doc

V.I.P.
And if it wasn't for PDC, you wouldn't have me. You have to admit, I've stayed faithful for seven years to both, and that's impressive.

Anyway, yeah, we actually have GC/RS (it's one board merged, GC was just RS merged into a vBulletin) backed up and available to view. Who were you there? And who were you at PDC, if you signed up there.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was way too young to sign up for PDC when it was still actually popular, as for RS I guess that technically this is the same thing but remember I never actually signed up.