• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hi From A Guy on an Island

IslandGuy

Registered Member
Hi all ... I currently live on an island, so am pretty dependent on my computer and cable high-speed Internet (strange how we have cable here but try and get hooked up to electricity :rolleyes: )

Had some early success in developing some software, made a lot of money, but blew it all away. It's only now that I'm beginning to think of ways I need to invest and get more involved in the market than I have been. Not too old yet, so plenty of time (I hope!).

Looking forward to any advice from others and helping anyone else if I can.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Island Guy, welcome to MoneyForum.com. :)

When you say island, how big of an island, populationwise I mean.

What type of investing are you into?

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
Welcome to the site :)

stockbroker

Registered Member
Do you have your own island or are there other people. I go island shopping just about once a week. Although I dont have the money, its nice to dream. ;)

IslandGuy

Registered Member
stockbroker said:
Do you have your own island or are there other people. I go island shopping just about once a week. Although I dont have the money, its nice to dream. ;)
Hiya stockbroker .... hehehehe .... yeah, i Wish i had the bucks to own my own island. No, I just live on one with a lot less people than I was used to (mainly had lived in New York and LA before) just to get away from it all.

Hmmm, maybe with the advice I can get here I'll be able to buy the island, although I don't know how the headhunters will feel about that :D

Good to meet you stockbroker ... and thanks all for the welcome

IslandGuy

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Hi Island Guy, welcome to MoneyForum.com. :)

When you say island, how big of an island, populationwise I mean.

What type of investing are you into?
Hi Andrew,

Well, I'd tell you how big of an island, but as the saying goes "then I'd have to kill you" ;) .... the headhunters wouldn't like me letting out too much about it ... they barely tolerate me ... just kidding ... only a few thousand people but pretty well developed technology wise, although getting electricity was a BIG deal, but once I was connected, everything else was a piece of cake.

I'd like to get into some day trading since I've got the time to stay on top of it, which I understand is pretty much a necessity, but also need to learn a lot about the stock market in general. Like I said, I pretty much blew away a bunch of $$$$ on possessions and need to start thinking about building a more solid base. Have a lot of years to undergo the ups and downs of the market, so the advice i've had so far is the market is the place to go if you have the time to ride it out.

Looking forward to finding some advice here and hope all will forgive any stupid questions I ask as a newbie to the financial game.

montyauto

i Wish i had the bucks to own my own island, little but beautiful..