Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yooperchick, Aug 1, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

My name is Tricia a.k.a. eBay ID superior_dreams. I'm from da UP of Michigan. My eBay name reflects a dream of mine to live on the shore of Lake Superior someday. Anyone else on here from around my neck of the woods?

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Welcome to AS!!! I am from SE MI and my dream is to move to Maine, I would love to be by the ocean!! I'm right by a lake, but have no desire to stay here forever!! Be prepared to make lots of new & wonderful friends here!!

BTW..does your bumper sticker read..."say ya to da UP"???

3. ecnotek

ecnotek Registered Member

Hello and Welcome! I'm from FL. Love it here. I'm not by the ocean either but I have a long lake behind me where I some times fish, to relax.

You will find wonderful helpers here. They are a bunch of good people and willing to help you out. Stick around and you will see what I mean.

Good Luck

4. trees

trees Registered Member

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here! It can be very addicting! :lol:
    I am from North Carolina, Not near the beach but there is an "ole" mill pond in the woods behind my house with quite a few big bass!

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Hi and welcome! I'm your southern neighbor (WI) which is soooo NOT my dream place to live :D OK, great place to raise a kid I'll give it that I guess. Use to spend time (when I was much much much younger) in Hurley.....you anywhere near there?

Hope you stay and play awhile.....your tour guide will be with you shortly....... until then if you have any ???'s just give a yell.

6. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Welcome yank!! I hope you enjoy yourself here and come in often!! :)

7. yooperchick

Well, I don't have any bumper stickers. The best is when you see the "Say yah to da UP, eh?" bumper sticker on an old beater truck going 15 mph down the highway (where the speed limit is 45). I'd get behind that guy all the time coming home from work. I didn't mind. I got a laugh.

I originated from SE Michigan. Came to da UP for da Michigan Tech. Graduated, moved to troll-land (near Lansing), gave birth to my son, 3 months later, moved back. I wanted so bad for my son to be a native-born Yooper (I'm what they call a transplant). But, he was conceived in da UP, so I can proudly say he was "Made in da UP" :lol:

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Where at in SE?? Anywhere near the Shores??

9. yooperchick

No, not near the shores. I grew up about 20 miles East of Port Huron (in a very small town off of I-69). I have fond memories of us neighbor kids riding our bikes the 2 miles to the town bar and getting good ole greasy bar tacos. Oh, and the NA shirley temples too. Wow. I haven't thought about that in a while.

10. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay