• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

HHS: Immigrants with HIV, STDs welcome

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The administration has decided to let immigrants with three sexually transmitted diseases known for causing sores or lesions on genitalia to enter the United States, an expansion of a previous decision to let in those with HIV.
HHS: Immigrants with HIV, STDs welcome

These new ones taken off the list are bad enough but I think no one with HIV should be allowed in. No worries though the new sexually transmitted diseases taken off the list are only expect it to cost taxpayers about another $100 million a year.

I think HIV should be put back on the list. Its not like its curable.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obviously you have none.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I have thoughts, they're just not serious enough for a post ones. No immigrant ever broke in and shot my momma in the face, so naturally... my feelings on this are muted.

But if I had to have some, I'd say that... who's having sex with immigrants to begin with? Isn't that kinda the problem that comes before this one, that people would make poor choices of sexual partners?

Ok, so say I hate the immigrant problem too. Then it's like "BUUUUUUUUUUT... isn't there something else that's a pre-problem-problem here???"

There's my serious feelings on it.

So basically. If someone's an illegal, know it before you sleep with them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe someone sleeps with someone that is not a immigrant but they slept with this person, see what I mean. People have been know to purposely give this to someone.

We have 50,000 new cases each year, why add to it. Still can't come here if you have syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis and leprosy but HIV you can. Which TB and gonorrhea is becoming drug resistant.

I'm fine with immigrants from anywhere as long as they come here legally and are healthy. Seems this administration is getting really lax on this.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I'm fine with immigrants from anywhere as long as they come here legally and are healthy. Seems this administration is getting really lax on this.
How does one come here legally? They technically have to get here to come here, but if coming here is illegal, then how the heck does one actually do it?

And that applies both ways to either country. It's not like people write a letter asking to the country they're wanting to go to saying "Dear Country..."

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
How does one come here legally? They technically have to get here to come here, but if coming here is illegal, then how the heck does one actually do it?

And that applies both ways to either country. It's not like people write a letter asking to the country they're wanting to go to saying "Dear Country..."
By marrying an American, mostly. That's the only way my gf and I could figure out a way to get her here legally and that's by marrying.

Trust me...our rules are not lax lol. I would know, its been a lot of hoops.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What if you just don't like your country (or want to get out for whatever the reason) and want to move? What's the normal not-marrying-involved way of doing it?
Either your work sends you here and you get a workers visa or you sneak in, haha

I really don't know how someone would sneak in either. I guess you could lie and say you're only staying a few months and then never leave but then again you can't really work either...

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
So... there's no way based on desire alone to do it?

What if I say... write Canada a big 20 page letter/essay about how America sucks balls now?

This makes me mad. This "marriage-only" thing means my best shot in hell was a girl named Laura I met on one of those dating sites, I think it was iMatchup (circa 2005/6), but in the end, there was no deep chemistry so we just kinda drifted separate ways. Pissing me off. Especially compared to now... pissing me off. Just... pissing me off.

I abhor the idea of marriage to get out of a bad situation, but just the knowledge that I might have long ago passed up the only REAL shot I ever had..... pissing me off.

Yeah, it was sorta OVER-made up for later... though the jury is still out on that... but pissing me off.

PS. I have no STD's either. First there has to be "S". But that's another story.