HF Boards SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Puckhead58, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Puckhead58

Puckhead58 Registered Member

THIS IS A RANT!!!!

I have been a member of HFBoards for about 5 years and I have always been able to go on there and read the threads and comment on them....but not anymore.

For some reason, (which I have no idea) they kicked me off their site. I cannot login with my original username, when I try to email them, they don't recognize any of my emails and they won't give me a reason for getting the boot....and as far as I'm concerned...thats horseshit!!!! I get people calling me down and abusing me for some of my comments and instead of those people getting in trouble for making rude personal comments, I'm the one who gets infractions and who gets in trouble.

I have done everything HF Boards has asked me to do. I don't use dirty language and I am respectful of others as long as they are respectful to me, when they insult me and abuse me, I usually do the same to them in return....but thats as bad as it gets.

Its obvious that the moderators have their favorite users and they protect them at all costs so they don't get infractions while they dump all over the rest of us who just post honest, sincere posts. 100 people can post on the same thread and 60 of us say the exact same thing, but I always get in trouble and the rest of them don't.

I'm a realistic person so I post real comments, I don't make up fake proposals, I don't start rumors or anything else. When someone is talking about something that will never happen, I will comment and say that will never happen and list the reasons. Is that so wrong??? Just because I don't live in some fantasy world doesn't mean I have to agree with everything that everybody posts. Thats what makes forums like this one so great. It gives people a voice to express their opinions and sometimes people agree and sometimes they don't, but thats how you learn things....by listening to others who may or may not know the truth.

Anyways....I'm sorry for ranting on here. I don't mean to cause trouble but I am annoyed at the fact that HF has kicked me out for no reason what so ever and I felt it was necessary for people to know about it.

If I didn't break any rules by posting this, I would like to continue to comment on these boards.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

What are you talking about?

What happened?

3. Puckhead58

They won't let me login to the site anymore....so I assume they booted me. They never told me I done anything wrong, I was able to login on Friday and post and I never got an infraction or anything like that. Nobody from the site has said anything about why I can't login. They gave me no reason at all.

I even created a new account yesterday and I was able to login with it for 15 minutes just to see if it was a site problem not letting anybody login, but it wasn't or I wouldn't have been able to login with my new account. Now that new account that I created stopped working too. They seem to blocking my IP address or something. It says you have 5 attempts to login and after the 5th attempt you can't login for 15 minutes. Well I tried to login with 1 account twice and it says I have used 2 of those 5 attempts, then I tried to login from my second account and it said I have used 3 of 5 attempts so it appears as though they count towards my original account as well. Shouldn't I get 5 attempts for each account??

I'm not the kind of guy who follows and believes what everybody else is saying just because its easier. I have a mind of my own and I know right from wrong and I know hockey....so if someone is talking out of their a$$...I let them know.....just like everybody else does to me if I'm saying something wrong....but yet for some reason I always get in trouble and everybody else doesn't. There seems to be some kind of double standard and it bothers me.

I don't mean to sound like a baby about this, but I just want some kind of explanation for why I'm not allowed to login anymore. If it is site maintenance...they should have something saying so on the main page, if its something I said or done, they should email me and tell me what it was so I can't prevent from doing it again. The very least they can do is give an explaination IMO!

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Some forums do have double standards.

Some people don't realise they're causing trouble before it's too late.

However I think it's unfair that you got banned without warning or reason, whatever you may or may not have done, especially since you've been there 5 years.. gosh. Do you not keep in contact with anyone from the site (IM or whatever) that you can query?

Anyway, you won't find answers here I'm afraid. Hope you stick around to continue posting though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  5. Puckhead58

Well thanks a lot Rebeccaaa....you've already made me feel more welcome here than HF boards has over the last 5 years. I appreciate that.

I'm sorry to bring drama from HF boards, but all I really want is an explanation from them as to why I got the boot and many many others haven't.
    When I made comments on HF...I had a lot of people who completely agreed with what I was saying and liked my ideas or opinions so its not like I didn't know what I was talking about, I obviously did or people wouldn't agree with me right?

There were a few people who didn't like the fact that I didn't sugarcoat things and that I spoke the truth in most of the comments I made. They didn't like it because I was going against the lies that they continued to spew....well sorry, but I'm not a sheep that is going to be lead to believe lies and false comments about the Habs, their players or how things are going to be. I'm very passionate about the Habs and I'm a very realistic person who has a good idea about hockey so sometimes I get caught up in the heat of the moment and go a little too far.

Anyways....thanks again for making me feel welcome here. I just hope that if I DO say anything out of line or offensive, that someone here will let me know so I don't do it again.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey man, very glad you came back I always thought you were a great member on HF, I have no clue why there kicking you off. I'm hopeful that you'll become an active member here now. With that being said our hockey section is not even close to being active like it is over there, but hopefully you'll be able to help us out with that. Welcome.

7. Puckhead58

Thanks a lot Babe....that means a lot!!

To be honest, I was getting a little sick of HF anyways, there are too many morons who don't know anything about hockey in there posting garbage. The level of quality has gone down a lot over there since I first joined and the moderators over there all act like Hitler. It has to be their way or the highway and they don't have to give a reason why they give you infractions. I swear I got infractions just because I didn't agree with what some of their favorite users were saying. I got in an arguement with one of the longtime members and I never said anything bad at all, but since I disagreed with what he was saying, I got an infraction. I wasn't too happy and it was then that I realized that you have to fit into their mold in order to succeed.

I will be posting on here from now on. I hope to help pick up the traffic on here and I look forward to having some great discussions with all the members very soon.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Hey Puckhead...glad to hear you'll be posting here more often.

The hockey section did get fairly active when the playoffs were going on last year and I'm hoping for more of the same this year!

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

you talking about hockeyforum.com or whatever?

10. Puckhead58

The site is HFBoards.com. Its a forum just about hockey and it used to be good until they let a bunch of morons become the moderators....now they just ban people because they have their OWN opinion and don't just follow the opinion of the boards. I speak my mind and I expect others to do the same....we shouldn't have to follow the moderators opinions or be banished.