Hey(;

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FleshCouture, Sep 20, 2009.

1. FleshCouture

FleshCouture Registered Member

Hello. My name's Shane
    I'm new, obviously.

I came across this site a couple hours ago and I like the feel of it.
    I've been looking for a 'main' forum to post on for about 2 months now.

The last forum I posted in frequently were the Playstation forums (specifically the Off-Topic board).
    I quit posting there because it's way too up-tight and it got annoying. Cuss-words were censored (Even 'wtf', 'gtfo', etc). The mods ruined many good posts, there were TOO MANY smart-asses. It just all got old, quickly.

Hopefully I get along with everyone here, although I usually don't because people take what I say to heart.
    I like to express my feelings for every subject I find interesting, like anyone else.
    I tend to be rude also, but it's not like I try to be.

I'm not really sure what else to say, so feel free to ask any questions.
    Sorry for all the line-breaks, I know some people hate that. ;x

Also, I'm confused about a couple things on this site.

Why is it that mods have to 'approve of my post before it gets posted'?
    This isn't the case with all my posts, but with 3 out of the 5 I've tried to make, I've received this message.
    Do I need a higher post count to not need my posts checked?
    I hope so, that's pretty annoying :\

I don't see a field where I can type words (Quotes, jokes, etc.) for my Signature, all I see is an upload form and an option to post a URL to a website of mine (Which doesn't even work, it says "error, invalid url" every time I try). Again, do I need a higher post count for this?

And in my Control Panel where my 'stats' are, there's something called "Your 30 day posts". Am I limited to only 30 posts a day? Or does this mean something else?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Hey Shane, welcome to GF! I'll try answer your questions.

Post approval is only for new members since we get quite a lot of spammers here but obviously you're all good and it will go away eventually. The post count to look forward to is 25, and then 50, then finally: 500. When you reach 500, you become premium a member. One of those (I forget which) is when you'll be able to write in your sig instead of just images. If you're impatient then you can buy VIP, haha. Loads of new features come with premium and VIP.
    There is no limit on posts - the 30 day stat is simply how many posts you made in the past 30 days :)

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Welcome to the forum. We have quite a few rude people here already so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

4. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Forums like PS operate under US laws so it can be bit frustrating when you can't swear or even criticize people :lol:

Now, enuf ranting. Which video games do enjoy playing or any other hobbies you want to share?

Welcome to GF Shane

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Welcome here Shane, I'm sure you'll love it here on these forums. Yah I believe that it's 25 posts where you can start putting text in your signatures. It's just a precaution to keep new members from being able to advertise before we catch them as spammers.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to see that you have been posting already, keep it up and I'm sure you will really like this place.

:welcome:

7. FleshCouture

Thanks for all the replies and help.

Rebeccaaa, thank-you.

Bliss, Haha, thank-you:)

Nibbles, Oh yeah, I forgot about not being able to criticize people on there. There's a "no flaming" rule, which is fine and all, but make sure it applies to everyone. I once received a 7-day-long ban for someone else flaming ME. |:

And to answer your question, I enjoy playing 2-D fighting games. Such as Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc.
    I've pretty much dropped any hobby I've ever had. I sold all my video games, snapped my skateboard in half and became lazy.
    If downloading music is a hobby, then I suppose that's my current hobby:)

Smelnick, Thank-you.

Nixola, Thank-you. I am enjoying this place a lot already. It was confusing at first, but I'm getting used to it.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Welcome to GF my friend, you found the best forums on the web so your going to have a blast posting here.

Just stay away from bliss, she tends to bite ;)

AnitaKnapp and Bliss like this.
  9. FleshCouture

Babe Ruth, Thank-you. So far, this IS the best forum on the internet. Ah, I hope notD;

10. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

hey welcome to general forum just have fun!