Hey guys

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by savethedolphins, May 20, 2008.

1. savethedolphins

savethedolphins New Member

Hey Guys

I’m doing an assignment on Internet Gaming and would appreciate some honest answers about what people think about internet gaming and thought you wouldn’t mind giving me a reply. My assignment is for my Year 13 Senior Social Studies class.

There are a number of questions you could answer. You don’t have to do all but if you did id be happy. So thank you for your time,

Do you play online gaming? Why?
    How often do you play? (Hours a week)
    What are the reasons that make you play online gaming?
    Do you think the internet is having an impact on how we play all games?
    What impact has internet gaming had on society?

Thanks guys if you could take the time to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

From Nat

AngelsPeak likes this.

2. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

One thread on a personal subject would be plenty..

Penalty is ignorance.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

1. Yes I game online, why? Because it adds a new dimension to a standard game
    2. 22 +/- a week
    3. Because sometimes Computer AI just isnt enough. That and it gives you a chance to play with friends who you otherwise couldnt play split screen with.
    4. No
    5. No more than internet forums have.

oh and....I couldnt help it:

[​IMG]

MenInTights likes this.
  4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Do you play online gaming? Why? Yes. I enjoy playing with REAL people from around the world. It's one thing sitting home alone playing a single player console game, and it's another playing with multi-players in a big online game. It's nice a second reality where you can escape to when real life is stressing you out.

How often do you play? (Hours a week) Depends. Some weeks I could play 30 hours (MMORPGS) other weeks I'll play none. This week I played less than 10 minutes of online video games. Why? Well, I'm just burnt out and more addicted to GF.com than anything else right now. *blames Hybrix for that*

What are the reasons that make you play online gaming? Read my first respond to the first question.

Do you think the internet is having an impact on how we play all games? Duh. Playing against A.I. is WA~AY different than playing against real people. Real people make real decisions instead of waiting until you're 10 m (meters) away to take a shot at you as oppose to 11 m away where A.I. does nothing.

What impact has internet gaming had on society? Many people would suggest that it's bad having people play Internet games instead of socializing with real people. Thus, causing them to be socially adept. I disagree and see it as a good thing. I see people keeping out of trouble, ie.: LESS trouble on the streets, less drugs and alcohol abuse. With online games here, we'll know where our children are, less likely to do drugs and alcohol since their mind is occupied on the game and it improves their hand-eye coordination! A good package. ;)

5. savethedolphins

savethedolphins New Member

Heya

:) Thanks to those who have answered I have found the results i am getting from forums really helpful, so thanks guys! :)

Thanks,

Nat

6. Mason

Mason phawq

Do you play online gaming? Why? Yes. Because it's fun playing with people
    How often do you play? (Hours a week) Not really an average amount of hours per week. Sometimes I play, Sometimes I don't.
    What are the reasons that make you play online gaming? Playing against a natural Intelligence is more fun.
    Do you think the internet is having an impact on how we play all games? not really.
    What impact has internet gaming had on society? I'm not sure.

AngelsPeak and Jeanie like this.
  7. patkick

patkick #21

Do you play online gaming? Why?
    - I used to but my wireless connection causes a lot of lag so I stopped playing Counter Strike 1.6 online.

- I play offline games for about 12 hours a week

What are the reasons that make you play online gaming?
    - It's fun, bots are too predictable at times while real human competitors are unpredictable.

- Yes in a negative way. These days developers just rush the game and put out updates for their games online.

- MMORPG games such as WoW are taking over lives of certain people. I had a friend who'd just call in sick for school just to play World of Warcraft.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you play online gaming? Why? No, because I do not have the time at the moment to play them nor the money to pay monthly fees

I would most likely be playing around 5-7 hours a week

What are the reasons that make you play online gaming? I love video games since I was little and online gaming provides you with massive worlds, tons of quests, and people to meet and interact with, it's like a giant gathering of geeks and it's awesome.

Obviously yes. Whether it's information (such as trailers, news, and controversies relating to gaming), how we actually play the games (such as innovative ideas like the Xbox live or MMOs), the internet is an extrememly powerful interactive tool and seeing as gaming is evolving into a much more community-based product, it's only natural that the internet will help it tremendously.

This is a very, very heavy question with all sorts of angles to view it from. Gaming has become part of mainstream culture for one, because people now play in thousand dollar tournaments and play with all their friends (not just geeks anymore). Also, gaming has become the favorite scapegoat of misinformed and idiotic news outlets such as FOX News. Gaming has gotten a lot of heat lately for it's content (whether it be violent, sexual, or drugs). Also, World of Warcraft has specifically come under attack several times for "Stealing" people (since some play the game for hours sometimes a full day on end without ever leaving their chair). Although, does this show what the game is capable of doing to people, or the condition of our people and how lazy/apathetic we are about outside life?