Hey! Bonds is on TV again!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Barry Bonds seems a lot more approachable now than when he was a player or just after he retired. Also, it seems like he’s really passionate about being a hitting coach which is pretty cool to see. I was watching a bit of the Marlins/Mets game yesterday and Dee Gordon was at the plate and he tried to bunt, right after they zoomed in at Bonds telling him not to bunt, next pitch, Gordon hits it up the middle for a base it. It was pretty cool.

He does know how to hit, even without the steroids he just had that skill to hit. So he should help the Marlins out... also he looks like he's dropped 75 pounds since his playing days.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I'm all for people doing what makes them happy, and if he feels happier being a coach, then it's probably for the best. If I were him and using steroids and benefiting to historic proportions during the playing days, I'd be on edge too with people around me, wondering if/when/how I'm going to be found out. That's probably most of what it was. So this seems better for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bonds was a jerk well before people assumed he was taking steroids(Pirates days), so it’s not what most of it was at all.