Hey All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Circle_One, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

Hey guys, I'm obviously new.

The name's Blayze (not my real name, but it's what I go by. Real name's Joanna. You can call me that too, if you really feel like it).

I'm 25 and and live in Montreal, QC with my 7 year old son, Justyce, as well as a whole slew of animals (including 3 dogs, 5 cats, a python and a hamster). At present I'm a DJ (I spin at a bar in Montreal called the Playhouse), as well as a booking agent (as in, I book shows for bands) and am the co-owner and writer for a local music mag (though I haven't put out an issue in a few months). I'm an Ex Professional Groupie and music is my life.

I'm a punk historian, a fanatic audiophile and a horror movie buff.

Anything else you wanna know, feel free to ask.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Wow, being a DJ is kind of my side fantasy (besides world domination). What kind of setup do you use? Any tips to getting in the know in DJing?

Welcome.

Kaz

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Welcome to the forums, I am glad you've decided to join these forums, I am not 100% but I think I've been to that club before, but when I usually visit Montreal I go to Cheers, it's a very nice bar, and cheap. Anyways I am hopeful that you'll become an active member here, enjoy yourself and post as much as you can.

4. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

The bar where I spin isn't equipped with anything extraordinary, just your basic CD player thingy (hey, I'm new to the DJ thing, so I don't know what the hell anything's called yet :p), with some other stuff thrown into the mix (other stuff which I also have no name for, sorry to not be very good at answering that question, haha).

As for getting into it. No clue. I basically just know a lot of people in a lot of high places.

Where I'm DJing, the drummer of a band I used to tour with used to DJ there as well and he got me in there. I didn't even ask about it. He was just kind of like "Alright Blayze, so obviously you know more about music than most of the kids anywhere around here, so why don't you try your hand at DJing? I'll get you a try out if you want."

So he did, and they liked me. Actually, after my first night spinning there, they offered me my own night once a week, so it's pretty rocking.

Basically, it just helps to know people ;) That's all the help I can give, hahaha. Sorry.

5. Kazmarov

Eh, once I get a sequencer then I'll ask questions.

Probably can't get into many clubs. A problem with being 16 :p.

Kaz

6. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

Heh, yeah, that can be a problem.

Wish I could help with the equipment thing, I really do and I feel silly being a DJ and not know the names of any of the stuff I use. Guess I should probably learn, hahaha.

7. Kazmarov

Once you know the names, you realize you can't afford the ones you want. I suggest holding off on that. DO NOT read DJ equipment magazines, they will make you insane with desire.

Kaz

8. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

Heh! Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely steer clear from them then. There's already enough things out there that I want and can't afford.

9. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Lol, it would seem you're quite the eccentric person... of course, that IS a good thing. Is the hamster a temporary thing, or is it good at staying away from the snake? Pretty cool that you're a DJ... I've had interest in it, but never enough motivation to actually make anything out of it.

Welcome to FC, start posting around and feeling out the limits, and I'm sure you'll come to enjoy this place.

10. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

Ha!

I'm incredibly eccentric ;) I like it that way :D

The hamster, Spike, is a pet, though Salazar (the Python) would like nothing more than to make him a midnight snack, though he's become friends with the other animals in my house and actually plays with the majority of the cats, haha. My recent addition, however, (a Miniature Pinscher by the name of Sid Vicious), is another that Sal would love to munch on, so I have quite the time keeping the two apart.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.