TV Heroes Season 3: Villains

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I really liked the first season of Heroes but the second one almost put me off completely. I just watched a clip of season 3 and it looks intereting but I'm not sure how good it's going to be.
    NBC's New Heroes Preview - Superhero Hype!

I like the fact that Peter gets his scar, but Claire going evil? meh.

Who knows this could be a return to form for the series but I'm not expecting it to live up to the first one. Hopefully there wont be any more premonitions of the future or any stupid virus plots.

2. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I think that peter will got the future and there claire will be evil

3. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

I can't wait to see what soul-less arseholes we are getting this season since it's gonna be all about the villains. If I can manage to hate anyone else more than Sylar than they have done their job.

4. Altanzitarron

I've found the two main villains they've had so far quite likable. I liked Adam and Sylar more than most of the new heroes they introduced in season 2.

5. kajinpl

I agree. Adam pretty much had a driven reason why he did the things he did where as Sylar just took on a superiority complex on his own which made me hate him.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Why do you all hate the villains?

Sylar is an awesome character, other than Hiro all the heroes suck. (except Elle, I like Elle!;) but then she is neither good or bad...& Candice she was cool)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  7. Altanzitarron

I like Peter, although he's a bit like superman. He makes almost all the other characters redundant.

8. kajinpl

Trust me I can appreciate a good villain. Sylar is an evil guy, but he's really weaselly to me. I just never liked villains who had telekinesis because they always seemed so cheap to me and Sylar is just so snively I just can't like him even if I tried.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  9. Altanzitarron

This thread can be used to discuss the series now that it's started airing for anyone who's following it so expect spoilers in this thread from here on. I wasn't that impressed with episode one to be honest, it seems like an orgy of sillyness is taking over in ways that even make season 2 seem favourable. The episode started well but almost straight away descends into a sea of fail. I'm not sure if I'll carry on watching, depends how bored I get I suppose. Maybe it will pick up as it goes along. I've spoilered the pro's and cons.

Things I liked;
    Starting in the future and the future Peter being Nathans assasin. Although even though it was cool it's still hard to imagine that Peter would assume this was his only option. The dude can time travel, he could atleast try talking to Nathan first.

Sylar Getting Claires power was one of the few scenes that actually seemed to have the style of season one even if the dialogue has become almost a bit too much like a comic book.

Things I didn't like;
    Nathan "finding God", it seemed completely out of character.

Hiro's Dad's DVD from beyond the grave, I was really sad to see such a lame and over used plot device so soon in the series.

Hiro's trip to the future, in a plot turn almost identical to the first 2 seasons it seems the city will be destroyed. Surely something else can go wrong now, I mean come on!

The fact that now anyone can be injected with this serum that will give anyone a power. That's probably the lamest thing of all, it's as if the writer thought a character can't be interesting unless they have powers. Wrong. I can already see how this plot device is going to completely derail the series.

So yeah, what I didn't like strongly out weighed what I did. It's a shame, I think this one may be worse than season 2 :shake:

10. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I watched the Season 3 Premier last night and I think I'm going to call it a day as far HEROES is concerned. Two hours in which nothing happened. They should move HEROES to daytime television since it's like a soap opera where nothing gets resolved.