Heroes' Lee Auditions for Dragon Ball Z Movie

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

During his November 11 panel at Pacific Media Expo in Los Angeles, actor James Kyson Lee (Heroes television series' Ando) said that he is trying out for the role of Yamcha in 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga. He says that the movie is planned for a 2010 release and that he approved of the script so far. He also said that he was a childhood fan of manga such as Dragon Ball and Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk -- of which he had read the entire run. Source: ANN.

2. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

Oh, boy. I thought they were done trying to make a movie of this. Well at least they are using the plot from Dragonball, but still I really don't know about this. It better be a good production team behind it. I still have my doubts.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I don't know. I'm kinda of looking forward to this... I just hope it shows in a theater near me. Or else I'll never see it.

4. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

The director for it is James Wong...or something like that...i'd perfer it if they did it in Japanese THEN the Americans can ruin it with a knock off english version.

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

This movie is impossible to make good Japanese or English. It doesn't really matter who does it.

6. kajinpl

kajinpl Registered Member

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

MMM James Marsters ^___^

Got to see it now!

8. Naruto

Naruto Registered Member

I'd like to jump for joy, but I really don't want to. They said they were going to make a movie by so-and-so date before, and never did it, so I don't want to get my hopes up just to be dissapointed again.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Ando as Yamacha?

I don't think that'll just flow, for one Ando is kind of chubby, and Yamacha well isn't.