Here's the problem with teleportation

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Jeanie, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

assuming a device could be invented which would identify the quantum state of matter of an individual in one location and transmit that pattern to a different location for reassembly, you would not have transported the individual. You would have destroyed him in one location and recreated him in another.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

That's why I don't like cricket.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So . . . cut and paste.

Works for my homework, why not me?

icegoat63 likes this.
  4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

That's not a problem with teleportation. It's a misgiving about a proposed method of teleportation.

Yes, I have no sense of humor.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

actually I watched it on youtube and typed as I was hearing it.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

by jove, I think you've got it!

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

But a quantum teleporer would not have this problem. It would find a possibility where you are there, and collapse on it. Moving you instantly.

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

As long as it's a perfect duplicate (including memories etc), does it even matter? In fact, maybe it could be tweaked to be even better - it recreates you minus an injury, or whatever.

Either I don't either (quite possible, if you believe anything Chaos says (I don't know why anyone would... :rolleyes:)), or it wasn't funny in the first place. :-/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

It matters in that you will have died.

10. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Still, it's a reason I would never elect for teleportation of any kind, myself: If the individual is destroyed on one end, the individual coming out the other end would have no idea that he/she is not the original. Therefore, when you ask this new individual "Were you destroyed in teleportion, and thus merely a perfect copy of that which once was?" they will answer "Dude, no, it's awesome," believing it the truth, but really, it being a lie.

This is srs bizins, why was it posted in sub-talk?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009