Here come the mice...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just like clockwork, today was the first snow here and sure enough, here come the mice. Anybody else getting mice yet?

What do you usually do to trap them? I am thinking about getting an electric trap to try out. They are a bit costly at first but one battery set can zap 50+ mice. Simply dump them out and set the trap back down and you are ready to go again.

I don't mind the "classic" traps but I am just thinking I might want to try something new this year. Sometimes the normal traps don't work because some mice can get the food off without setting off the trap.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

Hey Andrew get a cat or 2...LOL.. That's what we did when we lived there.

You can also put some Black Cat mice killer pellets all over the back of your yard and in the bushes. Stuff works real good.

So are you having fun in the cold and snow that ya got today? Me sunny 82 :D Warm nice and warm..

BTW Try peanutbutter on your traps...The little buggers love the stuff and............WACK....... that's all she wrote.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah peanut butter is the way to go. Sometimes they manage to lick it off though. Another trick is to jam a raisin in with the peanut butter. If the mouse tries to pull it out or eat it while it's still stuck on the trap then, like you said, that's all she wrote. :D

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I never seem to have a problem with mice where I live. My old home (Baltimore City) had both a huge rat and mouse problem. Huge was directed at both the size and number of the rats and mice. I've never seen a rat the size of a small dog since.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Me and my housemates moved into our student house not too long ago and had a family of mice living under our floor boards. One of those guys tried to steal my cocopops cereal bar by pulling it under the fridge... :lol: we've put some poison down and I havn't heared them rumaging around lately and my snacks have been safe too.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I hate mice, however, they do make really cool sounds when you hear them get caught in the traps, and they can make good pets.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
You should definitely try some of the newer traps. They can actually get way more mice than the old ones, which had a capacity of, oh ya, one

Teorropy

Yeah, that works, the peanut butter.

We use to have mice when I grew up.

Here is how we got rid of them, we moved. Pretty stupid isn't.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was just reminded that I used to raise mice. I have a snake, and it seemed easier/cheaper to raise them at the time.

They screw. All the time. It is the most obnoxious squeaking noise you've ever heard.

On top of that, they also get mites very easily and carry diseased that aren't very friendly to our immune system; and are cannibals. Mice are interesting, but hardly the kind of pet you'd like in your house as either a pet or a pest.