• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hemingway

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So, what's your opinion on Hemingway? What have you read? Likes/Dislikes?

For Whom the Bell Tolls takes the cake as my favorite read so far, but it's always good to get some opinions in.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
He writes novels, short stories and poems. I like his stuff. I haven't read it in so long though that I couldn't tell you what my favorite is. I do remember reading "For Whom the Bell Tolls" in high school though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You probably would, due to the fact that you have the ability to look past the story and find the meaning behind the words.

It's a war novel, based in the Spanish Civil War (I can't remember for sure). That's about all I'll go into, other than the main character is a guy sent to blow up a bridge.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I've read quite a few books by Hemingway. The Old Man and the Sea, A Farewell to Arms, and many other short stories in my English class. I like the stereotypical Hemingway hero.

The Old Man and The Sea is a great book.

Is Hemingway the guy who went over into Europe in the second world war and drove ambulances like a maniac and saved tons of lives?

Teorropy

I like For whom the Bell Tolls.

I don't really care for Hemingway himself.

But he seems to write good books.