Helping someone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't really know what to call this topic, so I decided to call it helping someone. I also didn't know if to put it in the Lounge or Mature Discussion, so if you think it belongs in MD don't be shy to move it.

Now my question is this. Lets say your walking in a parc alone or somewhere, and you see this person get beat up by someone or a group of people. What would you do? Keep walking minding your own business? Take the chance and help the person in need.

Now I know there could be many possibilities in the situation like the people might have a knife, gun or just a weapon. He might be bigger then you, and he has friends.

It's very hard to say for myself because I was never put in that situation, but I believe I would help that person, but if there was like five people beating him up, then I would go get some help. If it was two or three people I would definitely go help him out, because the odds are better. I am not the biggest person in the world but I can defend myself, and I wouldn't let people harm other especially if I see it going on.

Thoughts?

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Let's see,

If one person or two is beating another one, I would help to get rid of the bashers. I know how to defend myself in any situations involving dangerous weapons and use of fists. I would help. But if a gang is beating a man or who ever it is, I won't jump in action and fight like mad. I would report this incident and let the police deal with this. I am against violence on streets but you have to get in a fight if someone attacks you. Rather than running away.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

yeah...I know I'm not the strongest guy in the world, so jumping in their would not be my first option. I'd probably go and call some kind of authority first, and wait for a guy like Alex to jump in te pile. :D

Or I could just start attraction attention. Hopefully, that'll scare the people away.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I hope you mean the "bashers'' but it would be likely that the crowd will start running away cause they wouldn't want to be part of the fight or whatever is happening.

Well, I ain't athourity. But I could help out.

*whistles the SuperMan theme*

5. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Get naked and assualt them, they will not touch you. Trust me.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I am VERY! shy in real life. I would freeze and not move until it's over.

7. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

To be honest, I probably would not get physically involved if it was not someone I did not recognize. The most I'd probably do is call the police. But...I like getting into predicaments that have some danger in them. I don't really get scared, but I'm a thinker. If I can't think of a plan, them I most likely will not get involved. But if I see an oporitunity, I will probably take it without thinking and get myself killed, so...
    -Icy

8. deltabtry

deltabtry Guest

Ya know you are right, the texture of a wet fish or slippery as a eel, does not appeal to those macho types.

9. Kiwi

Kiwi Guest

I want to help anyone i see.

10. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

If it were 2-3 people I'd jump in. If it were four or more maybe. I would want to help but after all I'm only one man. Then again I do carry several weapons so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

(2,511)