Helping an individual stuck in a snowbank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 19, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

If you were driving down the road and you see a man/woman stuck in their driveway or ditch in a snowbank...do you stop and see if they need help or do you ignore them and continue driving??

Disuss

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Honestly, I would keep driving unless it looked like they were in serious trouble. There's not a lot I could do to get their car out of the ditch. I don't have a tow truck.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

It's terrible being stuck there. So no doubt I'd something to help them .... I can't imagine passing by and ignoring such thing.

4. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

It all depends for me tbh. If i knew i could help, i whould stop. But the car i drive is kinda well. i wont be able to pull him/her out anyways. Prolly just stop to ask if everything is "ok". and if he/she wants me to call a tow truck or something..

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

If I had a vehicle that could pull em out, I would do it. Otherwise I would stop and see if they needed a phone to phone someone. I could also phone one of my buddies to help lol. I have a couple friends that just love to pull people out of ditches lol.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

If I had time, yeah I'd stop and help pending the person didnt look like a murderous predator. I mean you never know when those people will set up a trap to get you to help 'em and then next thing you know BAM! Tire Iron to the back of the Skull and you just got jacked and body snatched.

Fortunately where I live I dont have to worry about getting stuck in Snow Banks... soooo this isnt a decision I have to worry about all the time. Up in the mountains where it does snow alot... I have lent some help with my Spade and some Salt that I always keep in my "OH Crap I'm Stuck" reserves. One time I even lent my ice chains out to a car that was stuck on Black ice.

7. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont want to sound like a jerk but I'd continue on with my drive...in less it was someone that I knew. Like Ice said you never know what that scenerio can lead too. I've had the scenario happen to me on different occasion and I never thought twice about helping, but if a neighbour is stuck I'll definitely come out and help with my shuvel or snowblower.

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

It really depends on the location. If I was near home I'd most likely stop or slow down enough they could signal me, even if I could not pull them out they may require a phone to call for someone who could.

This happen often in your neck of the woods!

AngelsPeak likes this.
  9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Not if I had my girls in the car, but otherwise I would probably stop and see if there was anything I could do as long as it wasn't late at night or on some quiet road with only a creepy looking guy stranded.
    At my old office, I went out and helped some guy push his car out of the road when it had stalled on him. Sad thing is, there was a whole line of people impatiently waiting to go around, but not one bothered to help.

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Sadly it does. We have missing persons all the time because of this that eventually turn up dead in some Grape Vineyard or Ditch bank weeks later. My area tends to be ran rampant with gangs like the "Bulldogs" and "MS13" or "F14ers". And usually it tends to be more of an initiation thing when that stuff happens. They'll tell us on the news to "stay in your vehicle" in certain parts of the city during certain parts of the Month/Year.

There were a few cases a while back where Kids and Teens were getting Body Snatched from Fresno and were turning up in San Diego. They were attempted to be hauled off to Mexico but Border Checks scared their Coyotes and so they just got dumped off before the border.

Bananas likes this.