Helpful or Nosey?

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
So I was on the bus yesterday and the person sitting across the isle from me turned to the person sitting before me and asked him where a certain street was. The person who was asking was a foreigner and doesn't speak Hebrew very well and the other person was breaking his teeth over the English. Anyway, he wasn't able to help out since he gets off before the stop the guy wanted.
Meanwhile I was debating with myself whether or not to say anything, should I butt it and talk to him in his mother tongue, especially since I was getting off the stop he was interested in.
After a while I said to him that I'm getting off the same stop. He totally ignored me. :stare: People suggested he ask the bus driver but he didn't want to.
So I decided not to say anything further. When I made my way off the bus, I told the guy that this is his stop.

My question to you is if you find yourself listening in on 2 strangers' conversation (similar to the one described above) what would you do? Would you be helpful and offer your knowledge to help them out, or would you let them solve the problem on their own?

When you are having such a conversation, do you welcome the helpfulness of a complete stranger?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
it depends on the situation and on the strangers.
if they can't solve the problem and i'm near them, i may say something to help out.
but usually i don't deal with strangers....it's a bit frustrating.
in your situation i would say something too. i would act the same.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
"Excuse me, I couldn't help but overhear." Most people, I think, will be appreciative once they discern your motives for cutting in.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I do it all the time, if someone is talking sports on the bus or any transport, I always butt in to discuss or even argue against their point. I am not nosey, just being friendly.

If the person will accept my offer to help out with directions and such then yes.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
in this case i guess in depends on how everyone takes it....it depends on the fact if they want you to get in their conversation. :rolleyes:
to me, you would be nosey :lol:
Yeah, cause you live in Albania, I know how those type of countries take that sort of 'butting in' from other people.

Dopey

Registered Member
I'd so not help out... Some of you know that by now. :p
There is no point in helping out a complete stranger, seriously.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yep, I would help out. If they didn't want it, then I could just apologize and keep to myself after wards....but most people are appreciative.