• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help!

thewalesaver

I bank with BB&T. About a month ago, I went to the local BB&T in another city than my own and I tried to cash a check for $20. I was told that since my parents weren't with me, and I have a minor account, that the check could not be cashed. Which is odd, because I've never had a problem with cashing checks in the past with a minor account. The woman said the only thing she could do was to deposit the money into my account, so I agreed to that, but I did not tell her to deposit it into my checking account. It was instead deposited into my savings account, which I found out about a month later when I talked to a teller at BB&T, who said that she couldn't transfer it from my savings to my checking because I was a minor.

I found that even stranger, because I didn't even know I had a savings account. So I went to a nearby BB&T ATM and tried to withdraw $20 from my savings account, but it gave me 'Access Denied'. It wouldn't even let me inquire how much was in my savings. I tried it at a CashPoints ATM too, and got the same result.

I do remember my parents saying that they had set me up a savings account long before we went into BB&T to set up my student checking account, and I know they bank with BB&T. Could that savings account be tied to my checking account? And if BB&T says it was put into my savings account, then why can't I get it out? It's like I don't even have a savings account. Please help.