Help with Avatar

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by AnitaKnapp, May 11, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have an animated avatar that I've been trying to use on this forum, but the animation does not show up. It's a .gif file just like the others that I have been using, and it shows as animated in my photobucket album, but as soon as I use it as my avatar on here, the picture is no longer moving.

Is there anyone that makes these that could possibly help?

2. Vallentina

Vallentina Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. :-/ It's on photobucket, but it doesn't work once I upload it here.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Are they avatars too big when you upload them? GF won't auto-resize animated avatars so they have to be 150x150 or smaller to begin with.

4. AnitaKnapp

No. I had Chaos look at it for me. It was the same exact dimensions and size as the avatar I used instead.

5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

This site allows pretty large file sizes for VIP members :cool: Try imagewoof.com maybe? ... no wait, did you try uploading to GF?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. AnitaKnapp

I did, from my photobucket. There is nothing about it different than the one I am currently using, as far as I can tell. File size, type...it's all the same. I can't figure out why the animation stops when I put it on GF.