HELP! Video Driver

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
So I just got a 3D modelling program but it's telling me that my computer only has "OpenGL version 1.1" and I need "OpenGL version 1.3". Now it's telling me that I can upgrade my drivers or get a new video card, but I can't get a new video card.

Is there a way for me to download an upgrade for the driver or something to get OpenGL 1.3 or above? I googled it and I tried downloading something but after downloading it did absolutely nothing, it just runs and disappears. :\ I tried rebooting but I can't find that anywhere and...well, quite frankly I have no idea what I'm doing. Halp guiz!!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
First off what is your video card? I'd recommend downloading updates for it first. The try to DL OpenGL 1.3

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I don't have any idea. :lol: Is there a way to find out what video card I have?

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Download this: SIW | System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala

Clicky little green box called SIW on the bottom.

Once you install and open it... on the left under "Hardware" click "Video" and in the box on the right at the top you'll see "Display Adapter"... what is listed there is your video card.

Let me know what it is once you do that, and I can help you further.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I don't have any idea. :lol: Is there a way to find out what video card I have?
Pro2A is right you have to update your GPU drivers. Rather than download anything though, assuming you are using XP, right click on the desktop, click the "settings" tab and it will say what GPU you have.

Edit: What 3D software is it?

Last edited:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I use Win7, in case that makes a difference. And the 3D program is DAZ 3D Studio.

I'mma look into what Pro said nao.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
right click -> personalize -> Display -> adjust resolution -> Advanced Settings

It should show up on that. It's labeled next to "Chip Type"

The amount of dedicated memory would be great to know as well.