Help me to quit coffee!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been cutting back on coffee. Not because I have been trying. Only drink about a cup and a half in the morning and about a cup or so in the afternoon. I use to drink twice that much. It never did cause my blood pressure to go up even when I drank much more of it. Don't see me ever giving it up entirely. Then again didn't think I would cut back on it either.

@Millz has your blood pressure went down?

I hate the taste of coffee. Probably just as well.

I don't think that trying to stop drinking coffee cold turkey is a good idea. I wouldn't recommend that.

Last edited:

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I've been cutting back on coffee. Not because I have been trying. Only drink about a cup and a half in the morning and about a cup or so in the afternoon. I use to drink twice that much. It never did cause my blood pressure to go up even when I drank much more of it. Don't see me ever giving it up entirely. Then again didn't think I would cut back on it either.

Thought I read somewhere that coffee was good for you, although too much of a good thing is never a good thing lol I used to drink coffee every morning one cup from 7 eleven as a ways to keep me awake when I drop the little siblings off to school. Moderation is always key.

Well, not exactly myself, but my father. I think he is getting too addicted on coffee. Now he drinks 4 big cups a day (I think it's roughly 500 ml each). He usually drinks the one mixed with milk so it's not too thick. Lately, he adds more black coffee to make the taste stronger. I'm worried because he also has hypertension. Any tip is much appreciated!
Ovaltine. :) I had a caffeine (Dr. Pepper) habit for many years and was downing 2 to 3 liters daily. On top of that I sometimes had multiple cups of coffee at work. I decided to quit caffeine as the first stage of overcoming my pop addiction. I switched to non-caffeinated pop and Ovaltine instead of coffee. I suffered brutal headaches for about 6 weeks, but that pain will ensure I don't ever go back to it. I had tried weening myself off slowly in the past but that just never worked. It had to be all or nothing. I make exceptions for chocolate, but apart from that I am sans caffeine and have actually more energy as a result of not constantly being on stimulants. :) It's not good for someone with hypertension to be slamming back that much caffeine (or any for that matter).

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.

It has, thanks for asking. The meds have helped and had to alter some things here and there.