Help Me Please!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ILOVEUSA911, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ILOVEUSA911

ILOVEUSA911 Registered Member

I'm on my hubby's computer in his man room..or office, whatever, it's his space and I don't really like to intrude.

This morning I tried to get online on my laptop and it wouldn't connect to the internet. I came in here to see if hubby's was connecting and it was.

I did a scan and I think I have a virus. It says to fix it but I don't know how. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Well, if you have a flash drive or some other way to move a program from your husband's computer, you can write down the name of the virus (if your anti-virus program is telling you the name of it) and search online for a specific removal tool, then move it over to your laptop and run it.

3. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Do a system restore on your computer to a time where you remember it working. That's I do.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Try actually making sure it wasn't a problem with the internet connection. I used to restart then manually connect to a network.

If not then you'll have to irradicate the virus with some anti spyware shit....like Stabo said, they should tell you the name of the virus...then you can use the relevent tool to remove it.

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

What operating system do you use? (eg XP, Vista, MacOS)

Just to specify;
    Is it the Laptop that can not connect to the internet at all, or is it your web browser that can not gain access?

Is it trying to accessing and failing or is it not trying at all?

What did you scan with?
    What did it find?

6. ILOVEUSA911

Ok I'll try this first if you can tell me how to do a system restore. I was on my computer until 3:30 a.m. and it was working fine.

It's times like these I wonder how I ever existed without my computer. I will also let my husband read the other posts to see if he understands what y'all mean.

I really appreciate your quick responses. This is such a kewl forum.
    ------
    It is trying and it says web page cannot bedisplayed. I clicked on the little network thingie and it says that I am connected to the network.

I am so computer illiterate, I hope I understand what you mean. I think I do. It is trying to connect, I know that for sure.

I scanned with Trend Micro Ineternet Security. I told me what the name of the file was but I closed it out and now I don't know how to go back and find it without doing a whole new scan. :cry:

thanks so much
    ------
    Ok, I don't know if this helps but I did find the file and it says "Cryp_Fake AV".

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  7. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

What kind of computer do you have? (so I can see if I can tell you how to do system restore)

8. ILOVEUSA911

Ok I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with vista.

9. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

10. ILOVEUSA911

Hubby got home and worked on the problem for several hours but couldn't fix it. So realizing that without it I would be terribly miserable, which in turn would mean he would be terribly miserable (if Mama ain't happy nobody's happy) :lol: he took it to work with him for the computer guru to look at. Cross your fingers and toes that they can fix it.