Help me! I'm computer challenged.

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by kennon07, May 1, 2005.

1. kennon07

kennon07 Registered Member

Now this is probably a dumb question, no comment from you Andrew :lol: , but how do you make an About me page on your auctions? I have had several people ask me to do that and I have absolutely no clue what to do or how to do it. Can you help me? You'll have to explain it in VERY simple terms. Thanks!!! Pam

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Pam
    if im not mistaken you just go to a about me page and on the bottom it will say create your own about me page just click on that link and it should help you

3. kennon07

Okay Doubles, Dumb question #2. Where is the about me page???

4. doubles2004

Pam if you go to someones auction that has the me word by there user name click there and scroll down to the bottom and the link is there or it may also be on the site map page if you cant find it let me know i will find it for you

5. kennon07

Thank you Doubles!! I'm going now to try. I'll be back soon. :warp:

6. doubles2004

Ok just let me know if you need more help always willing to help out when i can

7. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Click on the "My eBay" link at the top of the page of any eBay auction.

On the left hand side of the page there should be a section called "My Account" under this section there is a link called "Personal Information". Click on the "Personal Information" link and in the page that opens you will find different links to change passwords and other items.

One of the items listed is "About Me Page". On the right hand side of the page should be a link for the "About Me Page". Click on the "Change" link for the "About Me Page" and it should let you put in html for an html page. When you have an "About Me Page" set up there will be a link next to your username that will be a blue colored "M" and a red colored "E". It will be a link to your "About Me Page" that they can click on to learn more about you or whatever you put on the page from "My eBay".

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  8. kennon07

Thank you Mr. Snipes. Good directions.... I can follow those or at least I think I can. If not, I'll be back with more questions. Thank you both!!

9. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

if you can't find an about me page on an auction...tell me and i'll send you a link...would just say to look at one of mine, but i don't have any running right now

10. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I just went on eBay to double check how to do this and ended up buying something! :D Now I see you have a great reply. SURE! Send me to eBay and make me buy something :lol:!!!!!!