• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help me figure out this Police-type video game

BigBob

Registered Member
This is going to be very vague because I can only remember one specific part of the game. It's a game that was made for the PC and it was made in the mid-90s, I believe.

You're a cop, or SWAT.. something similar to that.. I do believe it was a first person shooter as well.

The part that I can remember is you and a group of your "team members" are set up outside of an apartment door, or a house door, whatever. You have to make the choice of when to rush in. If you rush in too soon, either you or the hostage will get shot and killed. You would then have to start over. I do believe you were able to negotiate as well.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I remember a lot of games of this type but the main that sprang to mind was "Rainbow Six", I also knew of another game but I am struggling to find it.

BigBob

Registered Member
I feel like it came out before 1998, that's why I didn't think it was Rainbow Six. It seems like that may be it with the screen shots I'm looking at.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Not being a smartass, but wasn't there an actual game called SWAT?

BigBob

Registered Member
Not being a smartass, but wasn't there an actual game called SWAT?
There was a bunch of games about SWAT released by one group but it wasn't that game. The ones around the time this came out were games like GTA 1 and 2, this game was actual people and shit.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
There was a bunch of games about SWAT released by one group but it wasn't that game. The ones around the time this came out were games like GTA 1 and 2, this game was actual people and shit.
If you mean there's live action video, then I'm guessing it is, in fact, SWAT. Or, more specifically, Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: SWAT. Does it look anything like this?

Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest SWAT Preview - YouTube

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit

BigBob

Registered Member
If you mean there's live action video, then I'm guessing it is, in fact, SWAT. Or, more specifically, Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: SWAT. Does it look anything like this?

Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest SWAT Preview - YouTube
No, it was in-game. I already said it was probably the very first Rainbow Six because of the screen shots I found.
------
Explain yourself.
I think he's trying to say I'm trolling the new person who made some vague post about a game but he obviously hasn't seen me make these posts before when trying to figure out movies or games.

Last edited: