Help maybe if you can

Critter

Registered Member
Well i am lonely male, 22 years old i don't do much but love animals and umpire youth baseball. I haven't got into work i am techially on disbalitiy but i am very very independent.

The other problem is i am shy and afraid of the follow things
1. rejection
2. asking underage girl
3. making myself look like a fool...

My friend told me i need to "love myself first, and get some confidence she said im not bad looking but not the hottest :lick: She said i care for others before me and i am good with kids (she has a 5 month old baby boy and she lives, in a shelter her bf is in jail, but in religion she in she married to him so its her "husband"

she technically stringing someone along for her fun:shake: anyways she said i am way to hard on myself. I am very shy near girls i just can't really talk to them that easily.

sorry for doing side story in the middle :D

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Everyone is afraid of rejection. It's not just you.

also a 22 year old asking an underage (less than 18) girl is kind of sketchy.

Everyone is afraid to make fools of themselves. They key is to use that to your advantage. Learn to laugh at yourself. It boots confidence, in my opinion. When you can learn to laugh at yourself, you'll be able to approach any girl because guys automatically turn into idiots around girls they like. It's just a fact. :lol:

Critter

Registered Member
Everyone is afraid of rejection. It's not just you.

also a 22 year old asking an underage (less than 18) girl is kind of sketchy.

Everyone is afraid to make fools of themselves. They key is to use that to your advantage. Learn to laugh at yourself. It boots confidence, in my opinion. When you can learn to laugh at yourself, you'll be able to approach any girl because guys automatically turn into idiots around girls they like. It's just a fact. :lol:
That is why i dont want to ask someone underage, and some girls lie so it be strange asking for there id?????????

Now as far as laughing at myself that i can do. Hum maybe that is why.... i also afarid cause i know im an idiot:lick: thanks for the tip though

If you don't mind me asking (and of course, you don't have to answer), what is your disability? Does it stop you going out a lot or anything? Because the best you can do is just enjoy life, do what you love, go out with your friends, join clubs that interest you, etc etc. You could even do volunteer work at an animal shelter or something. Just because you're lonely doesn't mean you need a girlfriend right away, you just need to get out there and meet new people. I know you said you're shy and yes it's easier said than done but sometimes you really have to push yourself to get results. If you learn better communication skills then it will do wonders for being able to talk to girls.

And like Oxy said, nobody wants to be rejected or look like an idiot. But you're going to at some point in life, there's no escaping it :lol: we all have to go through that.

Critter

Registered Member
If you don't mind me asking (and of course, you don't have to answer), what is your disability? Does it stop you going out a lot or anything? Because the best you can do is just enjoy life, do what you love, go out with your friends, join clubs that interest you, etc etc. You could even do volunteer work at an animal shelter or something. Just because you're lonely doesn't mean you need a girlfriend right away, you just need to get out there and meet new people. I know you said you're shy and yes it's easier said than done but sometimes you really have to push yourself to get results. If you learn better communication skills then it will do wonders for being able to talk to girls.

And like Oxy said, nobody wants to be rejected or look like an idiot. But you're going to at some point in life, there's no escaping it :lol: we all have to go through that.
Nah not really, and i do want a gf. i am looking into volunteering ( i have to wait till next month though i already have a spot) i just feel loney. and i know i had someone with me she make my life even better.

I know you want a girlfriend, I meant it more like; general socializing is the first step, and the rest will fall into place.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Your fears are normal fears. Almost everyone has them. You just need to take more risks in life. Oh, as for the second one, ask an ID before sleeping with her. Of course there's also the "get to know the person really well" before moving to the next step that might have serious consequences.