help in a title

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by helpisontheway, May 14, 2005.

1. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Hey everyone..

I have an auction for a vase my mom made while she was in the hospital. It's a bit of a touching story. I don't want to sell the vase but the auction explains why I want to sell it.

Basically my mom is bi-polar has lost faith threw out the vase and I asked her why and she said that it's junk and doesn't want it in the house. I told her it belongs in a museum. Someone will value it and not to throw it out.

Last week she went in the hospital. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and her illness has brought her into a very deep depression again. She was admitted for an irregular heart beat and is also back in a psyche ward. She usually remains in the hospital for about 2 months but this time I think it may be longer. She is very manic depressive the worst I have seen since I saw her illness when I was 13 (now 26)...

I don't know how to title the auction...

I was thinking: MY MOMS ART!

I wanted to hopefully be able to get at least something for it and use the money to give to her unit so that they have more money for the programs in that ward she is in. Or if the auction goes well to be able to get her a new wedding band because when she was in the hospital last year she lost it. Which has not helped her illness at all.

Do you think I could put it in the pottery section and the everything else category?

Thanks T

2. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I'm not sure where you should list it, but I wanted to let you know that if you ever need an ear or a sholder I'm here. My mother is also Bi-Polor, and has been for as long as I can remember. I know what it's like.

3. helpisontheway

Thanks Mina...

It's hard... she's on lithium also has a thyroid condition (thyroid has something to do with the bodies own lithium levels) and she started about a month ago playing around with her meds. She is supposed to be on 1350 mg but she has only been taking 600 mg of the lithium... she keeps calling from the hospital today yelling about something that happened before I was born. I'm not answering anymore... it's hard... but i love her... I don't take anything she says to heart anymore... but it hurts sometimes... cause I wonder maybe she really does mean some of the things she says...

Thanks Mina...

I'm trying to get a good picture going... I'm just going to post it as MY MOMS ART and try to get it in a good enough category...

4. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I know how bad it can hurt at times. And I try not to take it personaly, I know she's sick, but sometimes I feel that what she says has to come from somewhere, so she must mean it to some extent.

Don't you just love it when they decide they are all better and don't need their meds anymore!! Fun times...grrrr

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Tania, how about the title "When art has no boundaries" I feel for you and all that you are going through. Sometimes lifes greatest hurdles can be overcome by art. (Going slightly off the subject) While I was teaching a gifted art class for elementary school children, one of my students lost her mom to cancer. To see a young childs soul so burdened was beyond my own understanding. But, each week she would come in and literally "lose" herself in her art. Before her tragic loss she was one of my average students, but afterward she excelled, her art soared and she became my featured little artist when our show time arrived. I think your moms creation should be treasured as being made during a time when her mind could not set proper limits. Believe it our not, some of the worlds greatest art pieces came from minds that were not always functioning at 100%. Good luck with everything!

6. helpisontheway

Thanks Mina... I like the title... it's going to be my secondary title.

Thanks also Angelspeak. I was proud of my mom without a doubt. After my dad passed all her interests were gone. She stopped cooking entirely... not even breakfast for herself. The only time she cooks is when she gets sick. She cooks enough to feed an army... and then when me or her can't finish it all she gets into another fit about food being wasted...

I'm still trying to take a picture but all of them are fuzzy.