Help! I'm love shy!!

Bond

Registered Member
OK - it's kinda difficult admitting it - mainly coz it's so embarrassing - but I'm really, really, really shy.

I find it difficult talking to anybody, apart from close family.

I just get scared. I feel like they're laughing at me and, well, I can't explain it. Feel like they hate me and that I'm a complete joke!

Anyone else had this problem? It's horrible!

And there are so many beautiful girls that I have seen and my friends have talked to while I've been around, but I just stand (or sit) there, trying to look cool, but failing miserably and being to shy to bring myself to talk to a girl.

Please, please, please ... what can I do?? :( Please help.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not to be a jerk, but I don't believe you. If you're willing to create an elaborate lie about beating someone up and then present it to a girl you liked, I can't see you being very shy. Perhaps a little, but not to the degree you're suggesting.

There is no cure to shyness. If anything, remind yourself of this: Chances are, you live only once, so get out and enjoy yourself no matter what others say. Take risks, take chances, enjoys your time before it's out. Because the most horrible thing that can happen to a human being in to lie in your death bed thinking of the things you could have done.

Bond

Registered Member
Good point
And by the way that lie about the fights was a completely different situation. It's really long and complicated. This is different. I already knew the girl there and we were friends. But I still get shy around her. It's even worse around girls I've never met before.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
There's no fixed formula for these things. From your past threads I see you're often concerned with knowing what women want, what they find attractive and how to impress them. Maybe you're trying too hard to act cool and fit into the idea of what could be attractive to a girl, that it makes you look less natural for some and you also feel unnatural. This makes it harder for you to communicate normally. I say, relax and take deep breaths. I know you don't like the "be yourself" advice but it won't hurt to try it.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Being shy might be a heck of a lot more common than you think. Many, many celebrities are shy, even ones that go on stage and talk/sing/dance in-front of tens of thousands of people, or they talk on shows etc... it's when they get in real life company, they show their shy side. It's not really something you can cure over-night, if at all. You just need to find ways to learn to cope and adapt. Try and find ways to meet people like you. One majour tip I'd give you for this and many situations is that some people will go for dutch courage by having some alcohol and/or drugs to help them along. Don't do that, otherwise people won't know and meet the real you. It's a bit like taking home some sexy babe, then when she has a shower etc and her make-up and sexy clothes are off, she's really a dog.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
You should meet her and just be yourself.
It is easier said than done.

Bond, if you can just get over that hump, that obstacle of being so shy, everything else comes easier. Really though, what do you have to lose? One girl? She may seem like the world or someone you really really don't want to miss out on, but if you don't take risks, you'll never experience the finer things in life.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I am not sure if your old enough to drink but hey, I am shy myself and when i get a few drinks in me, I talk alot and I have no idea what I am talking about. That's what helps me.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
OK - it's kinda difficult admitting it - mainly coz it's so embarrassing - but I'm really, really, really shy.

I find it difficult talking to anybody, apart from close family.

I just get scared. I feel like they're laughing at me and, well, I can't explain it. Feel like they hate me and that I'm a complete joke!

Anyone else had this problem? It's horrible!

And there are so many beautiful girls that I have seen and my friends have talked to while I've been around, but I just stand (or sit) there, trying to look cool, but failing miserably and being to shy to bring myself to talk to a girl.

Please, please, please ... what can I do?? :( Please help.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, I hope this link helps some.

http://http://thinksimplenow.com/happiness/20-ways-to-attack-shyness/