help! I can't sleep

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by alejandra, Sep 23, 2008.

1. alejandra

alejandra New Member

i've been having sleeping problems lately. it takes soo much time for me to go to sleep, my head hurts of trying.. i wake up at night a billion times and sometimes it takes hours till i get to sleep again. then i have to wake up go to school.. and i'm exhausted.....

i've been drinking tea to relax, doing yoga, aromatherapy haha i don't know what else.. any recommendations?

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

It sounds like anxiety. I went to the doctors and he proscribed me Alprazolam. This stuff works wonders and it relaxes you so you can fall asleep. In the mean time I suggest some household drugs like Nyquil, Tylenol PM, Benadryl, or some other form of over the counter sleep aid like Unisom.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not a fan of prescriptions, however some people dont have much of a choice I 'spose.

My best non-medicated way to fall asleep is to lay in bed and try not to sleep.

No serious... Think back when you were a kid; the times you tried your ass off to stay awake were usually the times you conked out within seconds.

4. Patkitkat

Patkitkat New Member

Beautifully put :D

5. patkick

patkick #21

Wow, your username is pretty similar to mines. :lol:

Anyway try not to work hard just before you go to sleep. Relax before going to bed and maybe do some cardiovascular exercise such as biking and running.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Is there anything that is worrying you at the moment (aside from not being able to sleep)? Sometimes our preoccupation with certain things keep us awake.

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

And unfortunately, sometimes people start worrying because they can't fall asleep.

8. 200smithjohn

200smithjohn New Member

Don't Spam.

-Swiftstrike

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It reminds me of trying to find my eyeglasses because I can't see well without them... :/

Try meditation too.

10. 200smithjohn

200smithjohn New Member

I think Meditation is the best way to solve your problem.