• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games *HELP* Halo Combat Evolved

stef_haas

hello everyone,

i'm playing halo combat evolved for a short time now and i really like the single player campaign. there's only one problem: my brother like's to play games aswell and considering i'm playing on my parents computer, i can't forbid him also playing the game... So, i wondered, if you save the game, where is it saved in? i hoped there would be a folder in my halo folder wich was called: saved game. but, there isn't.

If i could locate this file, i would simply copy it and save it somewere else, then, if i'm playinging halo i'd simply overwrite that file. Does anyone know how the file is called wich contains the saved game, and, where i can find it?

you would help me a lot, thanx

stef

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The game lets you save multiple profiles, so he could just make his own actually. That would be easiest. I'm not sure where the game is saved, but search your computer for "Halo 2" and you should get pointed in the right direction.

Spinlock

Registered Member
Just for the sake of posterity, the answer above is correct. Halo saves games in profiles, rather than actual savegames.

Thermal

Registered Member
Halo saves in the "My Documents\My Games\Halo\" folder. So you can either create you another account in Windows XP, or you could try copying and overwriting those files.

Corona

Registered Member
Why in God's name did you rez this?