TV Hell's Kitchen

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by micfranklin, May 6, 2008.

1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Normally I can't stand reality TV shows because many of them are fake and stupid, and there has to be at least two on every channel, yes every channel.

Hell's Kitchen, however, is one that I fell into and enjoy it thoroughly...mostly because of everyone getting cussed out because they can't cook.

Thoughts?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I find it mean and really depressing how they always get put down. Yes, I understand that if you mess up a few times, but there is no need to cuss people out for 2 minutes just because they messed up. :\

3. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I love this show, it's very entertaining to watch. I disagree that he is yelling at them because they can't cook, if they couldn't cook, they wouldn't be on the show. The reason he makes it such an intense environment is because that's what it's going to be like when they are running their own kitchen. If they can't hack what Ramsey is dishing out to them and get better and deal with it, they won't be able to handle the head chef position that is the prize.

I can tell he is being super hard on this season but I can't blame him since they are going to be running his kitchen and really have to prove themselves.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Well it's called Hell's Kitchen for a reason and not because it's hot in there....

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Maybe I'm just a wuss. I prefer the "Hey, these beans are burnt... Well, I'm sure you tried your best, but we can't send these to the table. Please try again, sir. Thanks! Oh and yes, "Keep up the fantastic work!" *hugs*

That how I would like to see things. Maybe I'm delusional. :eek:

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It makes good entertainment but I can see where Vilk is coming from. It's not nice when he really upsets people.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've never seen it. I can't stand FOX reality shows. Top Chef is a great show. It's on Bravo.

8. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Hell's kitchen is so much better then top chef. It's not a normal reality show. Have you ever watched Kitchen nightmares? It's also an excellent show of Chef Ramseys.

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I love Hells Kitchen. Gordon Ramsey's a legend. I love it when he starts ripping into people for over boiling their egg, it's brilliant TV. The English version once had two head chefs who had their own team, Jean Christophe Nouvellie was just as funny and it was the best thing on TV.

Unfortunately Gordon Ramsey quit the annual show and now we have have some other guy who isn't half as interesting as Ramsey.

I'm sure other Brits can relate to this.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If anyone saw it last night, what happened?